IKEA FYRTUR block-out roller blind support

after a long press (what you’re doing) which is a reset, has completely finished, try a short press of both buttons which puts it into pairing mode.

Leave the repeater and remote out of it, until you’ve got it paired with deconz. You shouldn’t need the repeater, as you have the lights. I don’t know about the remote but someone on another thread said the remotes won’t pair directly with the devices and a gateway.

1 Like

I will test more tomorrow… also think i need to move my conbee closer to the blinds when i am trying to pair them.

moving closer is always worth a try, but I had no problem with my conbee up two floors, in a very solid victorian house, 'cos I have working Ikea lights (repeaters) in the same room as the blind.

How do you open and close blinds without remote?

I say ‘hey google, close kitchen blind’ . or ‘hey google, set kitchen blind to X%’. The remote will work, but may need the ‘brains’ to be ha rather than a direct connection to the blind. e.g. button press on the remote is transmitted to ha, ha sends the signal to the blind.

I don’t use the remote at all, so it may work fine … try it out.

Hi guys! after a few hours searching the web I managed to integrate my blind and remote in Deconz and got it to work in HA (remote through atuomation and deconz event). I still have one issue I’ve not been able to solve. For some reason I can close the blind and set specific positions but cannot Open the blind. The button is simply greyed out in HA. Anyone else having the same issue and hopefully a solution?

EDIT: Also it seems like HA is not updated with the current state/position of the blind as it shows position 100 although its 50 in reaility.
Thank you!
Alexander

I’m running latest HA through docker.

I experienced the same issue as you. I Solved it by adding the report changeable variable in DeCONZ VNC.
See this github discussion:

What about battery level indication ? Anyone got that working ?

Hi, if you are using Deconz:
I’ve got the battery level indicator to appear on my home assistant by accessing the deCONZ application via VNC - found the Fyrtur cover - pressed the Power configuration cluster info and then I pressed read. You will see there is an attribute “Battery percentage remaining”. After I pressed read, there appeared a new entity with the battery sensor in home assistant.

Thank you! It seem to work now :+1: One is the blinds worked directly while the other I had to remove the battery after the binding and configuration, then it worked.

Regarding battery percentage I followed the same procedure and are able to get a read and entity created in HA. However, it only updates when I manually press read. Anyone got this to work properly?

Worked for me - thanks - not sure if it updates as it probably reports so infrequently @Bergh2 but I’ll keep my eye on it

I’d like to know this as well. I don’t have the deCONZ stuff anymore but instead switched to ZHA. Does it work with ZHA already?

Hi did it work with zha or havent you tried it?
Also is it stable? I found deconz not that stable and i am using the ikea gateway, but i want to get rid of that gateway…

Actually, I found the deCONZ solution better so far. Right now with ZHA I am having issues with light groups. E.g. in 2 rooms I have a lamp with 3 bulbs each, which are all individual zigbee devices. In HA I made them one lamp using light groups. However, very often it happens that some of the bulbs stay dark althought they should all be switched on.
I didn’t have that with deCONZ (same entity names, same HA configuration, same automations).

Apart from that, I haven’t tried the FYRTUR since I decided to go the DIY route which is much cheaper:

I’m also using deCONZ for switches, lights and sensors and it is working super. But for the Tradfri Fyrtur is was not that stable. that is already a few months ago, so i wondered if at the moment it is made more stable.
I have 2 roller blinds and i had several times that 1 of the two did go unavailable so than i decided to switch back to the tradfri gateway.
Maybe i should test it again.
Also had the tradfri floalt panel light switched back to the ikea gateway. Because after a day it was unable to switch on although at deCONZ the floalt could switched on and off, there was just no response from the light physically.

Couple of questions - looking at getting these shortly.

1. It seems I need the hub? Any reliable way to avoid

2. Are the blinds cut-able to shorten? ( I need a number of long ones but can’t make the sizes add up exactly)

3. Is this the best solution? or are there other better products people would recommend having tried more than one

There are some DIY videos that show you how to shorten them but they are not meant to be shortened.

I’ve been running mine for about a month via deCONZ, after the last upgrade to 106.2 it dropped out and I will have to reset it and pair it again. The main problem with deCONZ is that the position of the blinds isn’t updated and this seem to mess it up during operation. I kinda had no issues with it until it dropped out, automation via NodeRed to close and open it at set time. Although when rolling it up it extended a cm or so before rolling back.

I do love em but the connectivity is far from stable I would say.

1 Like

It is on mine… the slider moves in synch. Battery level doesn’t update though…

How did you manage this?
I’ve reset mine twice and I don’t get any position refresh in either HA or deCONZ.

Once paired with deCONZ I can set the position with the ‘Brightness’ slider but HA still reports position 100.

Third time resetting the blinds now, will see how this one goes.