IKEA FYRTUR block-out roller blind support

Couple of questions - looking at getting these shortly.

1. It seems I need the hub? Any reliable way to avoid

2. Are the blinds cut-able to shorten? ( I need a number of long ones but can’t make the sizes add up exactly)

3. Is this the best solution? or are there other better products people would recommend having tried more than one

There are some DIY videos that show you how to shorten them but they are not meant to be shortened.

I’ve been running mine for about a month via deCONZ, after the last upgrade to 106.2 it dropped out and I will have to reset it and pair it again. The main problem with deCONZ is that the position of the blinds isn’t updated and this seem to mess it up during operation. I kinda had no issues with it until it dropped out, automation via NodeRed to close and open it at set time. Although when rolling it up it extended a cm or so before rolling back.

I do love em but the connectivity is far from stable I would say.

1 Like

It is on mine… the slider moves in synch. Battery level doesn’t update though…

How did you manage this?
I’ve reset mine twice and I don’t get any position refresh in either HA or deCONZ.

Once paired with deCONZ I can set the position with the ‘Brightness’ slider but HA still reports position 100.

Third time resetting the blinds now, will see how this one goes.

Did it work this time? I have tried 10-15 times over the last month and always get the same resault as you @Nikorasu69.

I don’t know what I did. I installed the deConz integration way back when I got my blinds and have repeatedly updated it since and HA.
During those times it partially worked then broke then more worked and then it broke but it’s currently working solid. I do have an IKEA repeater but I think the blind isn’t using it. I have no other devices using deConz

I did upgrade the blinds firmware though too via deConz… Have you ?

How did you update the blinds via deCONZ?

It is indeed reporting position now but it’s too soon to see if it is indeed working as intended.
I will report back with the results.
One note though, the blinds got unresponsive once again after the pairing due to a deCONZ update in HA (much cursing going on)
Managed to solve it by removing the battery from the blinds and waited for ten seconds before popping it back in again :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Please describe how you updated the firmware.

Have anyone testet it with the new deCONZ update? (Little Walter v2.5.75)

“Improve window covering code 35aad7

Hopefully this cold fix some issues.

@ggravlingen, would you happen to know anything about the Ikea Fyrtur blinds battery level sensor via the Tradfri gateway? It apparently has been removed with 0.101. It would be so helpful to know when to recharge the battery before it’s entirely empty.

Firmware for the hardware is updated through the IKEA App, you might need an IKEA Gateway.

Ok so a small update in the matter.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to abandon my old Raspberry Pi 3B+ where it all started and move over to using Proxmox instead. Well that was a fun little migration, I wasn’t too worried though.
Anyway fast forward a little and once I finally got my Conbee II to show up and I finally got all my devices back, of course my Ikea Blinds didn’t respond at all.

But this time, instead of resetting it, I simply removed the battery for a couple of seconds and then put it back in again, and to my surprise it was back in action.
But not only that, it stopped misbehaving and it actually reported back the correct position of the blind.
So now everything works great and no hickups at all so far.

1 Like

… but still no working battery level indicator ?/?

Correct, people are saying that you can make it show up by entering deCONZ via VNC and checking the properties of the blinds but I haven’t tried this yet.
Others are saying that it was removed due to a not so optimal polling method that I suspect drained the blinds battery.

Hey guys, thinking of purchasing some blinds. I see from the thread HA integration seems to rely on deCONZ. I assume this requires some sort of physical gateway on the network to control the blinds. What gateway is used?

Hi, I use the conbee2 with deCONZ on to control my 12 ikea blinds

2 Likes

Hi @Smus!
Does they work 100% in HA? and what did you do to add all of them?

You can update Ikea Trådfri firmware from Deconz as well.