IKEA Fyrtur with conbee has stopped working properly since an update a while back

I have some issues with my IKEA Fyrtur since a couple of months back. What happens is that not all blinds go down or up when they are triggered to do so via either automations or configuration.yaml (through entity card). Sometimes they work as they should but more often one or more just don’t move at all, or move partially. The issue seem to stem from a recent update, because I haven’t changed anything in my code. What I’ve done is the following:

I’ve added all the roller blinds to configuration.yaml, to have all the blinds work at the same time through a entity card in the lovelace. I’ve also made automations to get the blinds to work with the IKEA remote control you get with the blinds.

I do not use the IKEA hub, but a conbee.

Here’s the code:

#cover:
  - platform: template
    covers:
      all_kitchen_blinds:
        device_class: blind
        friendly_name: "Kitchen"
        position_template: >-
          {% set covers = ["cover.kitchen_1_window_covering", "cover.kitchen_2_window_covering", "cover.kitchen_3_window_covering", "cover.kitchen_4_window_covering"] %}
          {% set ns = namespace(closed=false, open=false) %}
          {% for cover in covers %}
            {% if is_state_attr(cover, 'current_position', 0) %}
              {% set ns.closed = true %}
            {% elif is_state_attr(cover, 'current_position', 100) %}
              {% set ns.open = true %}
            {% endif %}
          {% endfor %}
          {% if ns.open and not ns.closed %}100{% elif ns.closed and not ns.open %}0{% else %}50{% endif %}
        open_cover:
          service: cover.open_cover
          target:
            entity_id:
              - cover.kitchen_1_window_covering
              - cover.kitchen_2_window_covering
              - cover.kitchen_3_window_covering
              - cover.kitchen_4_window_covering
        close_cover:
          service: cover.close_cover
          target:
            entity_id:
        stop_cover:
          service: cover.stop_cover
          target:
            entity_id:
        icon_template: >-
          {% if is_state('cover.kitchen_1_window_covering', 'open') %}
            mdi:blinds-open
          {% elif is_state('cover.kitchen_2_window_covering', 'open') %}
          {% elif is_state('cover.kitchen_3_window_covering', 'open') %}
          {% elif is_state('cover.kitchen_4_window_covering', 'open') %}
          {% else %}
            mdi:blinds
          {% endif %}

I’ve seen people having similar issues and being told it might be an issue with a faulty blind. However, this not the case here. I have a total of 19 blinds in my home (the code above only covers the kitchen area), and all of them is affected by this issue. What I’ve tried so far is to make sure all the blinds, remote controls, repeaters etc. has the latest firmware. I’ve also tried operating everything from the IKEA hub, which works just fine. In this regard. The problem with the IKEA hub (and the reason I switched to a conbbe stick) is that the IKEA hub fails to give home assistant the correct status update if enough time has passed. So, for instance if I have all blinds pulled down come evening, the will show up as open in the lovelace the next morning…

So what I currently have to choose from is blinds that either won’t come down/up in a reliable manner or won’t handle their up/down status.

Since I know a lot of you have FYRTUR blinds, how have you solved these issues? Are there a workaround I’m missing? Is there something I’ve messed up with my code that does not agree with the conbee?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a coverage issue.
Are you sure you have enough network coverage?

You have q lot of ikea blinds btw! Crazy

I’ve had similar problems with non-blinds zigbee devices in general. We have 14 GU10 IKEA bulbs and telling them all to turn on/off never gets all of them: there are always one or two left. These devices are all close to each other, so it’s not a connectivity issue. If you find a solution I’d love to know…

Hello!

I have a very similar problem with my IKEA Fyrtur blinds.

I had four of them, set to trigger by a single button press in home assistant. This worked almost perfectly for nearly a year. Then a few weeks (months?) ago, things started acting up.

A single button press would only raise one or two of the four blinds. A second press would usually raise the other two, but not always. Eventually, one or two stopped responding completely. I have removed and re-added them to in Home Assistant (I use the ZHA integration and a USB dongle on my setup). The problem persists.

One thing I have noticed is it appears to be something with the ZHA integration itself. When I press the button and read the logs, the command to raise blinds only triggers for the ones that move. When I go into the automation and attempt to trigger the blinds that haven’t moved, it does nothing, and no command is seen in the log. It’s like something is messed up with the config of the blinds itself and they aren’t showing up.

I hadn’t changed anything with my setup so this has been quite odd. I’ll keep digging…

So I’ve managed to upgrade the firmware on the blinds - except for the two that are having issues. Now they don’t want to pair very well and when they do they go unresponsive within minutes of being added to the zigbee network. The only thing I notice is that the ones that aren’t working keep using a ZHA quirk “zhaquirks.ikea.blinds.IkeaTradfriRollerBlinds2” where the other ones use a quirk without the “2” at the end. No idea why as they should be identical models and no idea how to tell ZHA to use a different quirk.

Hello,

I had same issues with conbee 2 and deconz, first with fyrtur, now the same with tredansen. after years of this constant annoyance, I found that this only happens with command cover.open and close. I switched to using commands go to 0 or 100 percent instead and it works flawlessly. Of course you will loose the functionality of stopping the blinds by second press of open/close command, but for me it was good enough tradeof. I would love to sort this out issue completely though but I am no programmer.