Ikea Fyrtur with Deconz and ikea remote

Can you get the battery level displayed and updating in HA ?

I have it going as a sensor entity, but I have yet to see if they’re valid. I guess I will know as soon as one stops working!

My battery sensor updated once at creation but then never again.

Maybe a stupid question, but let’s try anyway.
Are you sure that your devices are still connected? Did you give checking them in VNC a try? See if first of all they are still present inside your zigbee network, and 2nd check the battery status inside vnc. I think that can already give some more information as to what the potential issue might be.

Are you saying that battery updates are known to work ? If so I’ll persevere. My blind control is faultless , so I think connection to the blind is solid and the repeater. I will have a poke around in VNC but I just wanted to check people had battery working and updating so I wasn’t wasting time on a known issue.

As far as I understand, and from what I have read in the forums, is that when you are using deconz, the battery entities should be updated just fine.

If you’re connecting to the entities through ZHA, then (as per what I have read from other people) the battery sensors seemed to be a bit wonky, and not very reliable.
This however I cannot confirm, as I have only been using deconz myself.

And for you the battery level updates OK on a regular basis ?

Yeah, as you can see in my previous screenshot, everything had been updated within the last 7 hours.
I’m not sure on the exact refresh interval, but it definitely refreshes.

Thanks , that gives me hope …

Hi,

Any way to do this via the vnc console?
I have the blind, remote and extender paired via deconz. It’s working well but I want the remote to control the blind directly.
BR/Nicklas

Probably. But I don’t know how it works since I haven’t needed to enable vnc and use the desktop gui.

Ok, but thanks anyway :slight_smile:

Perhaps someone else know? I’m a little confused with all the groups, binds and clusters etc. Maybe need to read up a bit on the zigbee specification… :slight_smile:

Any luck with this ? I am trying to do the same!,

Thank you so much :smile: You saved me an hour of troubleshooting! Great guide