IKEA Fyrtur with ZHA

I have recently got a couple of FYRTUR blinds. I am having mixed success with using them through home assistant with the ZHA integration and the conbee II USB stick.

By a lot of trial and error and a bunch of internet searching I have found that by first resetting the signal extender and pairing that with home assistant first, then super long resetting the blind (till the light starts permanently pulsing) then pairing that through the signal extender (select the range extender and then click add devices) I can get control over the blind with home assistant :tada:.

What I can’t work out is the remote that comes with the blind. I can pair this through the signal extender to hass as well, but it just always shows “closed” as it’s state, so I can’t seem to use it to trigger anything. Also if I try and pair it with the blind (short press both buttons) then the blind stops talking to home assistant.

Has anyone had any success getting all three of the blind, signal extender and remote all working together though home assistant? (I don’t care if the remote is paired with hass as long as it can be a physical toggle for the blind).

Thanks!

1 Like

Did you try seeing whether it’s sending any zigbee events? AFAIK remotes don’t show up, they send events which you can use through automations.

Hi, for me i could only get it to work with cover.set_cover_position
And i have had no luck with state updating correctly.
I am not using the repeater, but i have other Ikea hardware which the blind is connected to when i check in vnc.
After a few days i can’t control the blind unless i force it to talk, doing this through asking for signal strength in vnc.
So i am not satisfied with how this works :frowning:

1 Like

I have the issue of the state not updating correctly with one of my blinds but not the other. So I am wondering if it’s a firmware issue or something, which I doubt there is a way to resolve without the IKEA hub. I haven’t had the issue of it dropping off after a few days (it sounds like you are using deconz over ZHA though?)

Did you try seeing whether it’s sending any zigbee events?

I tried looking for zigbee events in the event dev tool, and I couldn’t see any, are only unsupported events shown, or do I need to do anything else?

Luckily it was resolved with a simple restart through removing battery.
But i can’t get the state to update even though i restarted it, so you might be right it’s a firmware issue?

Same issue there, I can only change the position using cover.set_cover_position which is very annoying.

Does anyone know about a fix?

Hi, sorry, nothing else works for me. And i need to remove the battery at least once a week because it stops responding. So i have given up with this one. looking for alternatives that is around the same price range. :frowning:

From what i can tell based on calling homeassistant.update_entity it seems that blinds and bulbs expect to have their state polled where as motion sensors will trigger events in the zigbee network

1 Like

Hi ioangogo, that worked!
And now it updated without sending the service call, update entity.
So i guess when the blind falls into sleep mode i can trigger it to send data again through that service call.
Thanks! :slight_smile:

Looking for smart blinds, would you recommend these knowing what you know now?

I keep having it when opening or closing blind will start moving and then stop after moving about 10cm then I have to press button or ask Google to.open/close again. So annoying.

@wewantrice I’m not sure. They are cheap so thats good. I have the blind working pretty good now with som hacks on startup and so on. Will try Luxaflex in a couple of weeks so we’ll see how good they are in comparison. Haven’t got any other blinds so can’t say if would recommend the Ikea blinds. But i guess for that price it’s ok, now that i have it working as i want :slight_smile:

@Blair_Pollard Does that happen everytime? For me it has always gone to 0 or 100 position when started.

Happens 60% of the time.

That’s not fun. :frowning:
Luckily for me that has never happend.
Not sure if u have set start and end position through buttons on the blind? Or if u configure the positions?
I have set the end on the blind so for me in Home assistant i use 0 and 100 position.

Looks like this thread petered out 5 months ago… Has anybody made progress since?

My Fyrtur blinds also move 10cm up/down under some circumstances: Seems to do this nearly 100% of the time when using either Google Assistant or the raise/lower buttons in Lovelace. The service call workaround seems to work, which I can hack into most scenes and automations. But it’s really sad to not be able to use Google Assistant or the Lovelace panel properly.

Suggestions appreciated!

For me it is working 100% and has done so since i last posted in this thread.

What i have is a conbee1, deconz integration with the blind directly paired with conbee through deconz ui. I dont use the signal extender that comes with the blind but i have other bulbs from Ikea close so they will handle the communication.
And i programed the start and end points on the blind as per the instructions.

automation.yaml i only have this as a fix for the problems i had earlier:

- id: 'Startup auto'
  alias: 'Startup Set'
  initial_state: true
  trigger:
  - platform: homeassistant
    event: start
  action:
  - service: homeassistant.update_entity
    entity_id: cover.blind_bedroom

Other than that i can use lovelace card both buttons and the slider, and automations without error.

I do not use Google Assistant so maybe my config won’t work for you?

Position 100 is open, and i never get the closed state, might that be the problem that you need it inverted maybe or the states to work?
in my automations i only use service: cover.set_cover_position.

I feel i’m not much help but hopefully you can get something out of my answer?

Damn it! That’s what I get for not actually going through the instructions. This isn’t the first time this happens. Thanks for pointing out that you could do this. Now what I need to do is to make a 2nd click (or double click) stop the blind wherever it’s at. Then my wife will be happy with the integration and will let me do the same for the other blinds.

1 Like

I only integrated the remote and blind with HA via ZHA. I am able to set up automations to control open/close blind from the remote. My approach is to create two automations (one for open and one for close). Each automation uses “button pressed” as the trigger, and the action is to set the position of blind (2 for close and 99 for open).

But the remote’s status is always “Closed”

My solution is to add the following automation:

- id: '1620669416806'
  alias: Bedroom 2 Blind Position Update on Open/Close
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: call_service
    event_data:
      domain: cover
      service: open_cover
      service_data:
        entity_id:
        - cover.bedroom_2_blind_window_covering
    event_data:
      service: close_cover
      service_data:
        entity_id:
    event_data:
      service: set_cover_position
      service_data:
        entity_id:
  condition: []
  action:
  - repeat:
      count: '60'
      sequence:
      - service: homeassistant.update_entity
        target:
          entity_id: cover.bedroom_2_blind_window_covering
      - delay:
          hours: 0
          minutes: 0
          seconds: 1
          milliseconds: 0
  mode: single

You will need to change entity_id.
This automation triggers whenever a request is made to open or close the cover/blind. When a request is made it repeatedly polls the blind for its position for 1 minute. (My blind will always be completely open or closed within 1 minute.)

4 Likes

Is it possible to change the default service on the arrows in the cover card?
It’s the same for me, changing position updates the state 100% of the time, while open cover is updating the state 50% of the time which in turn means, the cover cannot be closed when open, because the arrow is deactivated.
Now I could use update_entities, but for the other members of the house it is much more convenient to click the arrow. So I don’t know which way to go now.
Any ideas?

Greetings