IKEA RODRET Dimmer Remote (E2201) - ZHA/Z2M - Control anything

I managed to “find” such button using this blueprint and apprently create the automations… but they don’t seem to work, my guess is that the actions are not on/off as the RODRET but so far I’m not successful in finding them

@frapecc @jbouv55151

I used this blueprint to create one for somrig. It only works for zigbee2mqtt. I am not familiar with ZHA so removed that information.

somrig blueprint

I still have not checked the hold action at the moment.

Hi,
Huge thanks for the blueprint. I picked up a rodret to test yesterday, but couldn’t work out why I was only seeing it’s ID and battery status in HA via ZHA. I curious to learn more about how this blueprint accesses the switch state messages, so I need to do some more reading/research.
In the meantime I’m very happy to be able to start testing it as a control device. Have a few older E1743 switches, but they have been a bit problematic.
My install was pretty painless. I added it as a new device via integration HA. I also updated my HA docker image to the current version, but this may not have been necessary. I didn’t need to do any reconfigures, re-registers etc.

Is it possible to use this blueprint plus bind the remote directly to devices?
Have not managed to get it to work. As soon as I bind to a device all the blueprint automations stopped working.

Hi!
New member first post ever!
Thanks for the blueprint, i got it working almost instantly. Im currently using this with a ikea trådfri driver and it works as intended, the only thing that’s bugging me is that the dimming when im holding down the buttons is done in flickering steps and not fluid as i would like. Anyway to fix that?
Thanks for the help!

Hey all,

Just picked up two RODRET devices and paired one of them successfully with Zigbee2mqtt.

But when I use this blueprint and try to use the double press - nothing happens at all. Both double press for on and off.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Strange.
I have three buttons and all used to work perfekt.

But since one day, none is working anymore. after a restart.
I use Z2M and I have a strange feeling that the topic has changed.
The “action” topic is not send anymore.

I have fixed it for my self by edition the blueprint.
I removed the action from the topic and added the value_template.

Example for ON Button

- platform: mqtt
    topic: "{{ z2m_base_topic ~ '/' ~ z2m_controller }}"
    payload: "on"
    value_template: "{{ value_json.action }}"
    id: press-on-z2m

I could provide a PR if there is a github repro somewhere :slight_smile:

@damru Why dont you create a git repository instead of a gist?
You get the advantages of a history of your changes and other people could help you.

By the way:
I really like your blueprint. I have one Rodret button and just one automation where I can controll three lights very simple. I can write the three automations also my self, but your blue print makes it much easier and simpler.
I use your blueprint on a total of four rodret buttons.
Thanks a lot for your work and effort!

Which firmware do you have ? I’m still on 1.0.47 and don’t have any issue (yet).
As for the git repo, why not! I currently have 0 time to take action but I’ll consider it :blush:
And thanks for the kind words :muscle:

I guess I don’t understand how this is supposed to work. I added the Rodret Dimmer Remote in Zigbee2mqtt, but in the Blueprint I don’t see a dropdown to add the remote device to the automation. There’s just a blank space next to Remote Name. When I type “IKEA Rodret Remote 1” (the name of the device), the automation, when completed, doesn’t do anything. What am I missing?

Is there a way to not exceed less than 1% brightness when using hold to dim?

I’ve done a light turn on action with a -5% brightness but it will eventually turn off the light, I’m hoping to stop at 1%

I did it for myself:

alias: Lower to 1%
choose:
  - conditions:
      - condition: template
        value_template: >-
          {{ ((state_attr('light.livingroom', 'brightness') | int) / 255) > 0.05
          }}
    sequence:
      - service: light.turn_on
        data:
          brightness_step_pct: -5
        target:
          entity_id:
            - light.livingroom
    alias: "If >5%, lower brightness "
default:
  - service: light.turn_on
    data:
      brightness_pct: 1
    target:
      entity_id:
        - light.livingroom
    alias: Set brightness to 1%

Otherwise, it’s natively handled in this blueprint.

How do you get the Rodret to respond to hold commands?
Mine doesn’t do anything?

What about double click as well?

I’m a bit lost. I tried pasting your code snippet into the template yaml that makes the light stop at 1% when dimming down. But I can’t get it to work. Would be grateful for some guidance.

Not sure how to configure the On - Hold action to increase brightness and the Off - Hold action to decrease brightness

On - Double press event to switch color temp and same with Off - Double press event

1 Like

Hi, I got a couple of Rodret remotes just to try this blueprint. Something is wrong though and I can’t seem to be able to identify it.

The first remote I paired with ZHA is working fine - I can see events coming in HA when I press the buttons.

The blueprint imported ok and I can see it in blueprints. I can start adding an integration based on it, I can select the remote device and the actions to perform (persistent notification for testing). Then I press Save, and Rename on the next screen - I get no error whatsoever, but there is no new automation showing in the automation list. It does show up in the automations.yaml file.

At this point it doesn’t matter if I reload just the automations, all YAML or if I completely restart home assistant, the new automation never triggers, while the remote events are still received over zigbee.

Any ideas, please, for what to check? This is the very first time I am trying blueprints and I am lost. Thanks a lot!

LE: Never mind, I managed to find the issue and a solution for it - the very last paragraph on this page: Splitting up the configuration - Home Assistant - the “automation manual” and “automation ui”.

The blueprint is now working fine and I’m a happy, albeit very tired, bunny.

Using Controller - IKEA E1743 TRÅDFRI On/Off Switch & Dimmer Blueprint to use with my new RODRET didn’t have any problem to control my Aqara E1 Blinds motor.
I am on Z2M with Sonoff Zigbee stick.

I’m unable to configure the device. i’ve triggered the pairing mode by cliclyng the button 4 times. after that it shows up in the ZAH discovery but i’m stuck in “configuring” phase (even after pressing the reset button for 10 second). Someone can help me?
Screenshot_20240327_232633

IKEA started bundling the Rodret with their cheap smaller Tretakt smart plug so I bought a bunch. It was easy to link to ZHA, and the blueprint works to switch on and off a ZHA group of lights (I’m not interested in using them with the plugs).

I got dimming to work by installing the Smart Dimmer blueprint which creates a script associated with the ZHA light entity. I then call this script with the On Hold and Off Hold actions:

service: script.hallway_ikea_rodret_dimmer
data:
  action: dimm_up

Action dimm_down dims the light down.

Works well.

I pushed the pairing button 4 times, let it do its thing for 5 or so seconds(long enough to stall but not long enough to time out) then pulled the battery and plugged it back in after 1-2 seconds. no additional button presses.