IKEA RODRET Dimmer Remote (E2201) - ZHA/Z2M - Control anything

I pushed the pairing button 4 times, let it do its thing for 5 or so seconds(long enough to stall but not long enough to time out) then pulled the battery and plugged it back in after 1-2 seconds. no additional button presses.

I’ve spent about 3 hours trying to get the RODRET remote to connect to HA. Tried the 4 button thing, holding the button, rebooting, pulling battery out, but nothing. I’ve got 2 and they both get stuck at Configuring, and even if I get them to connect (so they show the battery percentage), I can’t get them to work with any automations. I have patience like many have sugessted, but I’m thinking I might give up. (I’m using ZHA, rPi3, and a Sonoff 3.0 Plus thing)

1 Like

I notice in my logs that this blueprint is trying to use zigbee2mqtt even when the device is set as a ZHA - I see a lot of these error messages:

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.controller_hallway_dimmer_3
Source: components/automation/__init__.py:842
integration: Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 16:23:43 (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:23:43

Got error 'Cannot subscribe to topic 'zigbee2mqtt//action', make sure MQTT is set up correctly' when setting up triggers for Controller - Hallway Dimmer 3

I use a similar blueprint for Styrbar remote controls where one of the settings is which Integration to use - ZHA, Zigbee2MQTT or Deconz. Perhaps that would work better.

That blueprint suggests it can also work for Rodret, but I have not been successful, so sticking with this one for now

Thanks, this worked effortlessly!
Is there any way to control the steps when using it for dimming (hold). It goes in too big steps on my setup.

Like many I had massive issues getting these RODRET’s to pair. What worked for me was doing the initial pairing which stalls at configuring but the device shows with no battery or events firing. I then pulled out the battery, held the pairing button and kept it held whilst I inserted the battery. After about 10 seconds of still holding the pairing button after the battery was inserted I released it and all button events were now firing, battery was showing and this blueprint worked.

I’m using ZHA on 2024.8.1 with a Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle

1 Like