Ikea Shortcut Button

I’m having the same issue with the shortcut button and ZHA. The shortcut button pairs successfully, its device signature matches the signature from the first post in this thread, but pressing the button yields no events. I’m pressing the button several inches away from my Zigbee stick, so I know range isn’t the issue.

EDIT: After waiting about 30 minutes, the button started working all on its own. It does report 2-5 zha_events for each button press, but I can deal with that in the automation.

Is there a nice way to add it via Phoscon ?

1 Like

Is it possible to add it by only using the Ikea intergration ?
I see the device, but can only see the battery level :frowning:

1 Like

Hi Dennis. Did you get it going using the Ikea integration? I am the same. I can only see the battery level sensor also.

Cheers, Matt

Yes but i change config, to running it on zha :slight_smile: and it works now :wink:

FWIW, I could pair the button in Phoscon Beta:
http://phoscon.de/pwabeta/
Then go to “Switches beta”.

Also, there was a double-event bug in Deconz, that got fixed in Deconz 2.11.05.
Now it works just like other buttons, i.e. listening to deconz_event 1002 etc.

Same here. I could pair the button after the third try.
Then it didn’t do anything. After about 10 Minutes it started working without me changing anything.
And now it sends 2-3 identical events when I press the button once.
Weird behavior but as you said: It’s possible to handle this when you know it.

The automation doesn’t show up after I create the blueprint. Is there something I’m missing? I’m new to blueprints (and HA).

It also hasn’t started spontaneously working the way it seems to have for some people here.

Edit: Not sure why it needed Reconfigure, but that did the trick.

How did you end up handling it? There are some automations where I want to do more than just Single mode.

I got rid of the Ikea shortcut buttons and went with Aquara ones instead. The Ikea shortcut buttons were never reliable enough for me.

1 Like

After wasting two hours trying to get the Ikea button working I come to the conclusion, that this device is garbage and not worth spending any more time with it. Dumped it as well.

I gave up on them along time ago. I think the battery is the main issue with connectivity. I started using the new Ikea remote controls that take AAA batteries. They are so much more reliable and haven’t had to change a battery in the 6 months that I’ve had them. There are also extra buttons and multi-tap options for automations.

It used to work great for Conbee / Deconz, but now with SkyConnect I’m having troubles with the connection. Hoping that an update will fix this.