Ikea Shortcut Button

Can anyone help with setting up the Ikea shortcut button with ZHA? I was able to pair the device with my Conbee II stick but I am only getting a battery reading from the device.

This is a new Ikea device by the looks of things.

This is the device signature from the device

{
  "node_descriptor": "<NodeDescriptor byte1=2 byte2=64 mac_capability_flags=128 manufacturer_code=4476 maximum_buffer_size=82 maximum_incoming_transfer_size=82 server_mask=11264 maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=82 descriptor_capability_field=0>",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0820",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0001",
        "0x0003",
        "0x0009",
        "0x0020",
        "0x1000"
      ],
      "out_clusters": [
        "0x0003",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0006",
        "0x0008",
        "0x0019",
        "0x0102",
        "0x1000"
      ]
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "IKEA of Sweden",
  "model": "TRADFRI SHORTCUT Button",
  "class": "zigpy.device.Device"
}

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Go to the automations menu and under triggers, select devices, and it should be there…if it works like the hue dimmer switch.

Unfortunately not. It only gives me to make an automation based on battery level.

Go into developer options, events, type in deconz_event, click start listening and then press the ikea button. Code should appear specifying the event id, and the device name. Its the same with xiaomi/aqara stuff. Only batteries appear as entities, but you can get the name of the entity and event id (single click for example is usually event number 1002, double click - 1004, long press - 1003). Then, once you have the name of the entity, you can use it in automations and call service deconz_event and type in (this is only as example, from my config)

id: office_wireless_switch
event: 1002

and proceed from there.

4 Likes

Fantastic! That worked a treat. Thanks for your help.

I am using ZHA so the trigger looked liked this

device_ieee: '68:00:00:00:ff:34:ba:7f'
endpoint_id: 1
cluster_id: 6
command: 'on'
args: []

Glad it helped. If it is not too difficult, mark my post as the solution.

Hi,
I’m also using ZHA, but how to make entity from event? Or you just copy event lines to automation?

It doesn’t create an entity. I have just created and automation to toggle a light.
You could create a script to call the automation and make a button from that if you needed to control it from the interface

@davefrooney you said you were able to pair it with Conbee2. was it via Phoscon ? Can you tell me how you did, please ? I’m not able to pair it with Conbee2.
Thanks,

I used Zha. I pressed the pair button 4 time and scanned with Zha. The device showed up with only a battery entity. I’m not sure if Phoscon works

Thanks, I doesn’t work with Phoscon. Unfortunately looks like it’s not compatible. Thanks again.

for all who want to see visually

I feel like I’m understanding the concept here for ZHA, but it’s not seeming to work for me. I have it paired and have a battery sensor entity. I went to Developer Options -> Events, typed in zha_event in the “Event to subscribe to” box and hit “Start Listening”. I pressed the Tradfri Shortcut button, and … nothing happens. No events appear in the log. I’m stumped at this point. For the price, I’m honestly not against just going out and buying the Tradfri hub and using the Tradfri integration and just using these devices that way, but I’d like to try to get this working through ZHA if possible.

1 Like

If you use ZHA you can use my automation blueprint to easily add functions to the shortcut button.
ZHA - Ikea Tradfri shortcut button

1 Like

Hi, anyone else having the problem that the batteries drain super fast? I replaced to a new battery today because the Ikea one was low, but in just a few hours it’s down to 6 %.

1 Like

I think the battery reporting is off. I have been on 24% battery for months after replacing the battery. Has your device actually died or just reporting low battery?

I think you might be right. It like almost instantly got low so maybe it will stay on 6, because it actually has been 6 for some hours. I first thought it had died when an automation stopped working, which I wrote about in an another thread, but I don’t think it’s due to the battery. I’ll check again when home.

Bad news. After less than a day the battery is drained. 0% and the button is dead. After changing to a new battery it’s working again. Something must keep the button busy doing something it shouldn’t. Guess I’ll stick to the aqara buttons in the future.

Thank you. It works !!

So these are similar to aqara that does multi push functions? (single, double etc)