Ikea Somrig switch not supported by MQTT

Hi, as newbee user since Nov 7 this is my first question to this community.

I bought 2x Switch named Somrig (W2328) at IKEA in The Netherlands. They look very similar to the switches named Rodret (E2201) but are not supported by Zigbee2MQTT. My HA setup features the SkyConnect dongle.

Does anyone have an idea how I can use these switches within HA, without having to modify it in long code language? Or should I perhaps wait for an update to MQTT?

2 Likes

Hello @Eer
The Somrig Switch is preaty new in the IKEA LineUp so the Support is currently in Development.
Zigbee2Mqtt uses the zigbee-herdsman-converters (see Support new devices | Zigbee2MQTT)
There is already a new Feature in development for the Somrig, for more details you could go to: Add new device: IKEA SOMRIG E2213 by thatslolo · Pull Request #6574 · Koenkk/zigbee-herdsman-converters · GitHub

If you are confdent to do some modifications you can use the following converter for your Zigbee2Mqtt instance as it is mentiont in the Pullrequest in herdsmann-converters: GitHub - b2un0/z2m-device-converter: zigbee2mqtt custom converters

Thanks for help to everybody who answered and works on my request.

1 Like