Ikea switch E1743 with ZHA

I tried this, still the same issue :frowning:

Same here. Paired successfully a bunch of Aqara switches and they are working nicely.
Ikea remotes both square and round pair but only functional part is battery. Zha_event doesn’t show any activity for these, too.
Tried to update the firmware of the Ikea devices trough the suggested ZHA route but it didn’t pan out, too.

Hello,

I also have this problem with a Tradfri E1810 remote with the last firmware.
My zigbee coordinator is a zigate.

Lagrap

I seem to have the same problem. Tried with both the square on/off switch and the round one. Both show up as battery sensors. No zha_events are sent, in fact, they send no events at all (tried with *).

Using the sonoff cc2531 USB dongle

Tried to remove and pair several different times, also rebooted system.

The ikea outlet seems to work fine though.

Any news on this?

Did you consider using zigbee2mqtt instead of ZHA?
I had good results with the E1743 and the cc2531.

Thanks for the tip! For some reason I ruled zigbee2mqtt out as I did not find sonoffs dongle there. Now I realize that it is just the CC2531 :stuck_out_tongue:

I will probably try to install this instead today. Will let you know how it goes :slight_smile:

Ok, installed zigbee2mqtt and results where promising. Entities added for everything automatically. However, neither the switch nor the remote generate any events… :frowning: As it seems the firmware on the itead dongle is too old to handle this. I have tried to upgrade following the instructions here : https://github.com/zigpy/zigpy-znp

But i cannot get that to work on my rpi running the commandline. I cannot even install zigpy-znp as I get some massive error messages when it tries to build.

Maybe running as a script via hassio would work as zigpy-znp shouldbe installed as I already have tried using zha.

Any ideas?

If you don’t have a CC-debugger, you can try flashing using one of these methods :

Thanks! I think I actually managed to flash it using a shell_command… however, now it is not recognized by my rpi at all. i.e:

ls -l /dev/serial/ reports No such file or directory.

Tried several reboots and unplugging the dongle. I guess I will need to try a hardware flash as per above… thanks for the link. I should have a spare rpi somewhere…

Alright… finally managed to find rpi, sd-card, install os, fiddle with cabling (this was a nightmare as the header pins are sooo small and tight), and finally flash the dongle.

And it actually WORKS! I can now get the button events correctly! Phew… almost gave up :stuck_out_tongue:

So major issue seems to be that firmware on the itead/sonoff dongle needs upgrading for IKEA remotes to work properly.

2 Likes

Just to point out that the solution at the top suggests listening to “zha_events”, this is incorrect, the event to listen to is “zha_event”… :slight_smile:

Only battery comes up under the device, but the events are there to be used in automations. And they work fine for me.

Hi Guys

I have just received E1743 switches . Paired them, created automation but it does nothing. Created zha listener in node red and nothing happens when I press it . Any clue what is wrong?

Thanks

Have the same problem. Not generating events and show up as battery indicator but with ?? Any fixes. I use aha son off dongle.

Did anyone find a solution for this issue? Or just returned them back to Ikea?

Thank you! That was the trick! I tried so long and now it works!

Greets Dominik

Same issue here. The Symfonisk remotes work well, but the Fyrtur open/close remote does not send any events at all. My solution will be to go back to using the IKEA gateway for these. A shame they don’t work with ZHA!