Ikea switch E1743 with ZHA

Hello, I have paired Ikea switch E1743 to ZHA, but I see only battery state, and can’t create action for push button. I have discovered, that this device support binding, so I bind it to Ikea power outlet, but nothing is happening when I push on or off button. I can’t find more information about it. This is what I see in logs (and other stuffs)

2019-11-25 21:19:02 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.api] Issue bind devices: source_ieee: [cc:cc:cc:ff:fe:69:e0:f0] target_ieee: [08:6b:d7:ff:fe:07:7e:0d]
2019-11-25 21:19:17 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.139897308740624] Error handling message: Timeout

And I have latest release from morning 0.102.2.
Any help ?
Thank You.

Answered for newbies as I’m am.

Go to Developer tools > Events > star listening for zha_events and play with switch

and copy device_id and command to automation based on event trigger

7 Likes

Hmmm… I just hit this problem today.

The round remotes work nicely (E1810). However, I have the same problem with the square on/off remotes. They just show up as a battery indicator.

However, I cannot see any events in the developer tools when I listen for them. Nothing happens.

2 Likes

Hi,
I assume, that you already paired that switch to HA. Paring is done with resetting button inside device next to the battery.

Yes, it pairs no problem, and shows up in devices and entities.

I’m not sure if debug need to be enabled, but you can try this settings in configuration.yaml

logger:
  default: error
  logs:
    hacs: debug
    limitlessled: info
    asyncio: info
    homeassistant.components.zha: debug
    zigpy: debug
    bellows: info
    zigpy_deconz: debug
    zigpy_zigate: info

yes, I had set debug on the zha components. I can see the messages coming from the other (round) remotes, but nothing comes from the square ones at all.

Sorry, don’t know.

When I listen to events, nothing ever shows up - for both round and square buttons.
Any idea how to get at least some activity logged?

Hi there.
Have you managed to take this button working? I have the same one, with same behavior. Thus I am curious :slight_smile:

Yes, but not with ZHA since I have Hass.io on top of Raspbian and didn’t want to mock around trying to add the file off GitHub.

My solution, as per this thread https://community.home-assistant.io/t/ikea-switch-e1743/151429/12?u=oxyd was to buy a ConBee II and use deCONZ for now - and this is working great!

1 Like

The button works with the latest version of zha-quirks which will be in an upcoming home assistant release.

1 Like

Can confirm this works with raspbee. Bought one today and can switch on / off anything really via automations and zha_event

Any news on this? Is it supposed to work in the latest update?

Square remotes work perfectly for me based on current release.
When creating an automation I can simply select ‘Device’ as the trigger type, then choose a trigger within that.

1 Like

Thanks! Which release are you referring to? I do see the same options in automations, but if I press on the switch it does not trigger the automation

Lastest Home Assistant.
I experienced some switches not triggering also. Adding and removing the device fixed it.

1 Like

Anybody know how to configure it as dimmer in HomeAssistant?

Hi there

Have the same issue with a E1743 with ZHA.

I tried to listening for zha_events and get nothing from this on/off switch.
I only see the battery level :frowning:

Sometimes you need to remove the remote from ZHA then add it back to get events generated.