Ikea SYMFONISK Sound Remote (Gen2/E2123) connects to Zigbee2MQTT however buttons do not work

I recently upgraded from a Conbee II to a Conbee III stick, and while every other of my 111 Zigbee devices connected fine, this one device will not play nicely. In the Zibee2MQTT device list the Ikea sound remote will connect and shows up, but nothing works, the “last seen” never changes no matter what button I press. I’ve tried:

• Removing, then re-pairing while holding the remote physically close to the Conbee stick
  • Removing, then re-pairing to a router closer to it’s location
  • Removing, then re-pairing but “backwards”, as suggested in another thread for the gen1 remote
  • Replacing the batteries with brand new ones
  • Restarting Zigbee2MQTT
  • Removing the batteries and putting them back in after pairing
  • Turning Home Assistant legacy triggers on/off in Z2M

Anyone got an idea of something else I could try?

Edit: I’ve noticed that it’s also affecting other battery operated devices too (these were work working on the new Conbee III network before today):

• Symfonisk Gen1 Sound Remotes
  • Philips Hue Dimmer Switches
  • Philips Hue Motion Sensors

And yet several battery & mains powered devices are working fine:

• Aqara no-neutral wall switch
  • Aqara door contact sensors
  • Aqara temperature & humidity sensors
  • Various Hue light bulbs & strips
  • Various Ikea GU10 light bulbs
  • Lidl mains plugs & extension leads

I followed these instructions for the Philips Hue dimmer, and it works now! So do the other devices too, so this information is not just valid for the dimmer switch! Five hours wasted :expressionless:

Device announces itself but the buttons don’t work

The dimmer appears to be working normally and the logs in Zigbee2MQTT look good. However, nothing happens when a button is pressed (no light, no log message in Zigbee2MQTT). In this case:

1. Reset the device
  2. Use zigbee2mqtt/bridge/request/device/remove to remove the device from the network (this should result in a “left the network” log message)
  3. Allow joining of new devices in Zigbee2MQTT
  4. Reset the device again
  5. Wait for it to pair again. The device should now be operational.