IKEA Tradfri - Batteries in the remote controls are quickly discharged

Do your trådfri remotes still check in every hour, or is that a symptom/cause of draining?

I’ve not had to check - the batteries just last for months:

• ZHA
  • Nabu Casa Yellow / Sky Connect / Sil Labs coordinator
  • Firmware updates enabled
  • IKEA mains switches located around the battery remote usage areas to give a dense radio mesh and low transmit battery drain

When the CR2032 (IKEA cheap batteries) do drain, the 5-button remotes might need to be reset and repaired to ZHA (no config is lost) if they don’t connect immediately.

I’ve heard Zigbee polling times ranging from 20mins to 60mins, but never confirmed my mesh behaviour (beyond the “turn the coordinator off for 70minutes to force a mesh neighbour recalculation” hack).

I have similar problem with one N2 remote (2 × AAA battery) that has 2 routers and coordinator around within less than 1m distance and very good signal. Right now it has chosen TRADFRI bulb E27 CWS 806lm as an active router. This runs latest fw 1.0.021 (0x10021655). This remote does not have any direct bindings.

• I have “the IKEA remote control battery drain” problem (Y/N): Yes
  • My zigbee dongle (or hub or bridge) is: SkyConnect v1.0 (EZSP by Silicon Labs )
  • Firmware version of the zigbee dongle: 7.3.1.0 build 176
  • HA controller stack (zha / z2m / conbee): zha
  • The version of the controller stack: 2024.4.3
  • Name / model # of the IKEA Tradfri device: Remote Control N2
  • Firmware version of the IKEA Tradfri device: 2.4.5 (0x02040005)
  • Other things to note (observations, battery drain rate, etc.): Battery lasts less than month. Everything runs latest software.