IKEA Trådfri Gateway [Zigbee]

What is your current fw version mate? Mine’s at 1.1.0015 for the gw at the moment.

A new release of pytradfri was just made. Thanks to @matemaciek and @r41d, there is now improved support for temperature and colors. If you don’t know, pytradfri is the underlying library that enables support for trådfri in home assistant so we could probably expect expanded features in home assistant soon :blush:

7 Likes

Has anybody tested this yet? I’m looking at adding a light strip, and it would be nice to not have to add a Philips Hue Bridge as well.

I have and you can add it to the gateway, when I tried last time it did not support the color change but that might have been solved by now.

1 Like

For your information: updating the gateway to the latest firmware (that was released today, 2017-10-31) breaks the integration with Home Assistant. An update is in the works and you can follow the progress here: https://github.com/ggravlingen/pytradfri/issues/90

3 Likes

I like Ikea’s attitude :slight_smile: But a proper documented (e.g. REST) API would be good, too!

1 Like

Thanks for your info. Sadly to late for me. My Gateway updated a few minutes ago an now no light is working anymore in HA.

Is there any way to stop it from updating?

Block its internet access using your router. Or you can block access to the update address in your router, someone posted it above.

IMO, its good practice to block your HA devices that don’t need a connection from accessing the internet. They can still communicate locally but are blocked from phoning home and it helps with security as it less likely for the device to get infected with a virus/bot/etc.

1 Like

Sadly my gateway has updated it self. Let’s hope Hass gets updated soon with support for the new authentication.

Home Assistant will be updated this weekend with support for the new version of the gateway firmware.

12 Likes

Great Stuff , you all rock !
:grinning:

Excellent, great work all !

Awesome work you guys!!

That was fast good job guys!

It’s on its way.

As posted elsewhere - the Tradfri component now stops my web interface from working. Here’s a cut and paste from my previous comment - any ideas?

I’ve just updated to 0.57.2, and updated my Tradfri hub to 1.2.42. The web frontend fails to open (connection refused) when I have the following line in my config:

tradfri:
host: 192.168.1.101

When I comment these lines out everything is OK.

However there’s nothing really in the logs that points to the issue. It looks like the component loads:

2017-11-08 00:37:04 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Loaded tradfri from homeassistant.components.tradfri

But it’'s clearly borked.

I’ve seen people say remove tradfri.conf fille - however I’m completely unable to locate a file named that (also tradfri_conf I’ve seen elsewhere).

Running on a RPi3, not HASS.IO. I originally installed the Tradfri component before it was in the release following instructions in the dev forum if that has any bearing.

Assuming that’s actually how your lines look in your configuration.yaml, the formatting is incorrect. It should be:

tradfri:
  host: 192.168.1.101

In yaml, spacing matters!

Yeah - my spacing is correct - it got messed up pasting to the forum. It’s not that…

Hi, anyone got a solution for the state not updating when the main power of bulbs is switched on of off? The “unavailable” state is sometimes updates when the lights are poked, and sometimes not. Or will this require IKEA to update the firmware in the gateway?