IKEA Trådfri Gateway [Zigbee]

the lights need to be poked. my tradfri lights get updated, when i try to switch them when they’re offline (after one or two seconds). with a secondary sensor (light sensor, door sensor, motion) that is used for a switch automation, this works pretty well for me.

in addition (i think) the gateway sends out requests to check the lights, but only every 30 or 60 minutes.

Dear community,
I have difficulty with autodiscovery of IKEA Hub when it is not directly connected to the same router as HASS. In particular:

• It works this way: hub [cable] router [cable] HASS
  • It does not work this way: hub [cable] router [WiFi] WiFi repeater [cable] HASS

I suspect that discovery utilizes broadcast to locate the hub, but I am not sure if I can tweak this on WiFi repeater.
Can somebody bring more technical details on this?
Is hub autodiscovery working for someone with several routers in the chain between hub and HASS?

Thanks!

Can’t you just add it manually? If you know the ip address you can add it, no?

Can’t you just add it manually? If you know the IP address you can add it, no?

That’s possible, but I would like to try to fix it in “right” way. For that I need a hint concerning how autodiscovery works.

Fair enough if you want to find out how it works but I don’t think there is just 1 “right” way.
Configuring by putting it manually is also a right way :).

Hi All,
Does anyone here know if it is possible to make the IKEA App communicate with their GW remotely (from the internet) if the right port is opened in the firewall?
And if so, what port is the IKEA GW using?

Rgds
Viking

Semi-Unrelated …
I’d just like to say that I’m awstruck by the progress made on this in such a short time.
Hopefully Ikea will pull their finger out and we can provide an IKEA Tradfi integration out of the box.
Though there are some issues to be resolved.

Is an example (both for HA (shutdown actions) and IKEA last-state retention
The last state retention is tricky as not everyone uses these bulbs with a hub and if they don’t, they may want the bulb to come on every time it is powered up. (I’d suggest a config option only available via the hub to turn on last-state retention).
But what I’m really looking forward to is the release of their automated blinds due in the next couple of months.
Observing this topic (especially ggravlingen who says “I realize that I’m a bit over my head here but who knows, there might be someone here who can help me progress my work?” - I’d love to be only as ignorant as you, you are a star !)
Thanks to all