IKEA Trådfri motion sensor loses connection

Hi,

I have two IKEA Trådfri motion sensors. I have added them to my Zigbee network, that is using an Ember coordinator to communicate with HA. It is working fine, apart from one thing: every couple of days, a sensor loses his connection. The only way I’m able to fix this, is by removing the device from HA, reset the sensor (push the link button 4 times) and then pair it again. Of course, this is cumbersome. Does anyone have an idea what can be the problem?

Best regards,
Bart

1 Like

Too far away from your coordinator ? Not enough mains-powered devices in range ?

@francisp No, both sensors are reasonably close to at least one Zigbee bulb. And if this was the case, I would expect the connection to be unstable, but also re-established automatically.

How often are those sensors being triggered?
I have one of those motion sensors in a shed in my back garden & have seen similar behaviour to that from time to time. In my case it might not get triggered for 6 or 7 days. Similar thing happens with my Xiaomi Temp & Humidity sensor in that same shed.
I wonder if there is some kind of time-out value?

@nickh66 Mine are in the staircase of my home. They get triggered very often, throughout the day.

I am having a simular problem. not sure why.