Ikea has this really nice air quality particle sensor called the Vindriktning but it’s not ESPHome compatible. There have been quite a few people who have added a ESP8266, often with some more sensors in there, but I’ve never found that to be quite the thing I needed. I wanted everything and the kitchen sink in that enclosure in a nice way
So I’ve spent a few evenings with KiCad and made a new PCB for the Vindriktning such that with simply replacing the PCB it’s a plug-and-play upgrade. Behold the Vindriktning++:
- ESP32-C3 for wifi and bluetooth (plant sensors and presence detection)
- SCD40 real CO2/Temp/RH sensor
- SHT35 Temp/RH sensor
- SGP40 VOC sensor
- ALS-PT19 Lux sensor
- IRM-H638T IR remote control sensor
- IR led for remote control sending
- AM-312 PIR sensor support
- PWM fan control
- 4x WS2812 RGB led on the front
- USB2.0 over USB-C for programming the ESP32
Pretty much all of this is compatible with ESPHome so should work out-of-the-box on the software side.
Not the cheapest of boards because of the sensors, but if it works it’ll do all I ever want.The first batch of PCB’s are on the way, let’s see what happens.