I'm Opening a Community-focused Shop for Automation/Smart Devices -- Would Love to Get Your Input!

Through working on my own home automation setup, I have observed that the shopping experience in this space needs improvement. I thought you, the community, might also be looking for a more optimized experience focused on your needs. However, it doesn’t feel right for me to make all the decisions; who am I to say what is or isn’t important to you? So, I’d love to involve you in the process directly, give you a platform to make some decisions and guide the direction of the store.

I’ve created an anonymous survey to help with this. I would be immensely grateful if you could take the time to respond, it will only take 10 minutes. If you’d prefer to leave comments here, that is 100% okay too. The survey just makes it easier for me to parse the data.

Click here for the survey

If you know anyone else who might be interested in providing their thoughts, feel free to share the link with them. The more input I receive, the more certain I will be that my decisions are in the interest of the community :slight_smile:

Transparency:

1. It will not be feasible for me to ship outside of Canada and the US at launch, but I consider this a top priority. I welcome input from anywhere in the world, since the ultimate goal is to serve the global community.

2. Not everything mentioned in the survey will be possible immediately after launch (I’m bootstrapping this project). Your choices will let me focus on the most important things first, and I will aim to offer as much as possible at launch.

3. The store will likely not launch for a few more months (thinking late Summer/early Fall). I will post updates here.

I appreciate the great feedback, both here and on Reddit!

The survey will be available for a few more weeks, so feel free to respond if you have thoughts on the subject. Also happy to discuss here if you have any additional questions or comments not addressed in the survey.