Image Lag on Home Assistant Notifications

Hi all

This is my first post so apologies if this is submitted to the wrong area!

I have an automation which fires when motion is detected on the drive. The action is configured to send a notification to my mobile device with an image snapshot from my security camera. All pretty straight forward and works well. The notifications send in real time, but the image it sends can be from up to 12 hours before the event that triggered it.

When the snapshot is saved it overrights the previous image so only one is every kept on the server, and this image appears to be right and of the time the event triggers, so I’m not sure what’s happening. The YAML for the action is below:

alias: Motion | Drive
description: “”
trigger:

• type: motion
    platform: device
    device_id: 90f3fb6880cf28868dafc66c2e0298fc
    entity_id: 30daac596c46c582c22092f4833be94e
    domain: binary_sensor
    id: Drive
    condition:
    action:
  • choose:

Does anyone know what might be happening?

Might be a cache issue, because the URL is the same.
A trick for this might be to add ?time=<timestamp> to the end of it.
It is a way to send a timestamp in the URL and because the timestamp should be different every time, then the URL will be too.

I’m having the same issue.

Great, thanks for the reply!

I’ve tried to add that but it didn’t seem to do the trick, so I must be doing something wrong. Could you possibly update the YAML on my original post so I can see where I’m going wrong please?

Something like this (not completely sure about the syntax for a timestamp for now):
https://homeassistant.local/local/tmp/snapshot-driveway.jpg?time={{ now }}

Excellent thanks Wally!

Should anyone else hit the same issue, it’s working for me now with the following YAML:

alias: Mode | Secure
description: “”
trigger:

• type: motion
    platform: device
    device_id: 90f3fb6880cf28868dafc66c2e0298fc
    entity_id: 30daac596c46c582c22092f4833be94e
    domain: binary_sensor
    id: Drive
    condition:
    action:
  • choose: