Imou Life - cloud integration

but you CAN do event based recording with service camera.record. Find your source of event (could be even webhook from imou) and make the automation to record x seconds. I’m doing based on PIR motion detected, works pretty good.

Might be far fetched, but does anybody know you can manage the IMOU DS11? It is a ‘extra’ doorbell. But if we could just have it work with home assistant, it could be a cheap’ish remote sound device. (unless anyone knows of any other simple gadget that is supported that does the same)

hi @user2684
regarding notifications, is it possible “just” (de)activate the option in the app called “Notifications” and “Push notifications with thumbnails” ?

Thanks

@riemers can you please open up an issue on Issues · user2684/imou_life · GitHub describing the behaviour of the integration with this device? (not working, incorrect values, etc.). There are a good number of recent devices (NOT being cameras) which have been reported not working with the integration since using a different set of APIs, I’m trying to make up a list of working and not working devices. Thanks

@woody4165 I think if you disable the Imou Life in-app notifications, you should still get notifications through the callback service since those two are decoupled. Worth trying.

1 Like

@user2684 actually, my goal is to turn on and off these option, that I can see in the app, directly from HA in an automation.
I don’t want to get notifications from HA, but this is for a friend of mine where I have installed HA, just for automations, but he is not using it.
Instead, he is using the Imoulife app and would like to get notifications during some time range or event.

In any case, this can also help me, because I don’t want to open any port on my router to get HA notifications for Imou cameras.

Thanks

i don’t have this device, i was just checking if it was supported in the first place or not :slight_smile:

@woody4165 oh understand now, no unfortunately Imou Life the notifications can be controlled only via the mobile app, not from the API. My understanding is that it behaves exactly like the webhook in our integration, the message is sent to the app and that notification switch controls if bringing up the mobile notification or not

1 Like

hi guys, i have a issue with a imou cell 2. the integration give me error when i try to activate the motion detect. i found a switch called “mobile detect” that was disabled by integration and it works and sync the status with the app. The problem is that i have no sensor for moviment detect. does anyone have any ideas?

Hi Guys, I’ve tried to summarize here (List supported versions · Issue #53 · user2684/imou_life · GitHub) all the models which works with this integration and those which doesn’t, based on your feedbacks on the link, the posts here and the issues opened on Github. Please if you see anything missing there (working or not working), add a comment on the link above; also if you see something reported as not working or partially working but it works for you, let me know as well.

Looks like especially new models have some troubles with the integration since Imou is not updating the API docs and using undocumented APIs. This makes extremely difficult to reverse engineer which calls are done so as soon as I can get a clear clear picture of the situation, I can focus development efforts accordingly.
Thanks!

Slightly unrelated, the Imou watermark logo was annoying me on my camera image. Previously I’ve used Dahua SmartPSS to remove it but it didn’t work with my new-ish DB61 doorbell but I found an alternate way. It can be done following this Amrcrest support article and using the Amcrest app. I was surprised when it actually worked! :grinning: I am sharing for those who may wish to do the same. Why this option is not within the Imou app is beyond me.

2 Likes

are there any updates on the vacuum end to this ha-integration?

3 Likes

Hey, not yet, as far as I’ve understood they use a completely set of APIs. Glad to add support for it in case somebody is able to point me out to some documentation of those API :-/

Hi guys. Everything worked great when working with individual cameras. Considering that I have several NVR systems on the Imou Life service with multiple cameras that share the same DeviceID but different ChannelID, I wonder if it is possible to add cameras with different ChannelIDs?
When I add an NVR using its DeviceID, only the camera with ChannelID 0 is automatically added.
Is there any solution for this?

Hi @selmir channel 0 is hardcoded in the integration, I was not honestly aware there were cameras with multiple channels so far :slight_smile: I’ve added Add support for multiple channel IDs · Issue #67 · user2684/imou_life · GitHub to track this feature request, it may take some time to tackle it since may require some refactoring of the code. Thanks

Hi, it doesn’t work with my IPC-A22E-D device … :frowning:

Hi, I had 2 questions, and sorry if I didn’t found answer in the previous posts (and sorry for my english :confused: )

• Wich stream is lower on cpu ressources : Imou Life of Onvif stream ?
  • How can I reduce false positive on my Cruiser 2 5MP-F81E ? I only want human detection, but my dog, birds, and bugs on night (maybe they likes IR) always active the onvif motion detection …
    Thank a lot I cannot use my camera on this state…

Standard H.264 is best for lower CPU and compatibility. You can read more about various encoding formats here H.264+ vs. H.264 and here H.264 vs. H.264+ vs. H.265

Hi,
I actually use my cameras on a RPi 4 8Go (where my home assistant is installed …), wich is not a powerful CPU/GPU, and I had set with “configTool” the H264 encoding format. I think Onvif use local streaming, but I wonder if this integration use cloud or local streaming… ?

I personally prefer onvif over the imou life streaming because it is local and it is immediate to load. In terms of cpu usage not sure which one is better I guess there are almost the same, they both read from a stream and render the video. Agree also on H.264 encoding also because there are still plenty of devices not supporting H265. For a better detection of specific objects I expect there are already HA integrations which do the job, regardless of the streaming source, but I’ve not tried any of those. Thx

1 Like