Imou Ranger 2C : activate/deactivate privacy mode with automation?

Hello,

I have a Imou Ranger 2C camera with Privacy mode and I would like to automatically activate this mode when I’m back home and, of course, to deactivate when I’m leaving.

Is it possible with a automation or another way ?

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, any news from privacy mode with imou camera on HA ?..

1 Like

Also looking

Hi guys, do you think Imou Life - cloud integration would fit with what you need? If so feel free to let me know.
Thanks

The only way i found is to control a smartswitch where each camera is plugged…
It’s powered OFF when I’m at home, then outside it’s powered ON…
but I don’t like them wause, HA integration isn’t full (mode privacy …) and tha IA function “only human detection” doesn’t works…

I do something similar: all my indoor cameras are attached to a smart plug which is turned on by automation when the alarm is armed in away mode (also to consume less electricity :-p). My outdoor cameras are instead always on.
Anyway, the privacy switch on Imou cameras can be now controlled with GitHub - user2684/imou_life: Home Assistant custom component for controlling Imou devices in case anybody is interested in.
Thanks

1 Like

The privacy mode can be controlled, but I’m totally uncapable of creating an automation to enable/disable it based on other device state.

Let’s say, I want the camera to switch off the privacy mode, when the alarm is in house or away mode (so armed). Anyone has been able to do this?

Thanks!