Implement some custom icons I've created?

Yes, here it is

2 Likes

Yes, I’ll do that. I’ll definitely have more than 5 once I’ve made the ones I currently want :+1:t3:

Great. I have some icon ideas myself and can probably create them pretty easily.
Just need to get the right tool. What software are you using? I would prefer free/cheap if possible :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m using Adobe Illustrator, but it isn’t cheap I’m afraid :neutral_face:

Yeah, I know :slight_smile:

Shameless self promotion of my thread with an icon index I hacked together:

1 Like

Just tried with inkscape. Its a bit rough round the edges, but perfectly adequate for icon work.
I really want to use you fireplace and desk lamp so let us know when you’re ready to share :slight_smile:

Just saw that philips release a bunch of hue related icons - here:

https://developers.meethue.com/documentation/icon-pack

You need to register to be able to download them.
Here is an example:

I’m pretty sure these are not permitted to be added to MDI though :frowning:

1 Like

I haven’t had time to make any more yet, so you might as well have what I have so far :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice. Thanks.
BTW I submitted some icons to MDI over the weekend. Its easy to do - just need to raise an issue on their github with your icon vector files attached.

Thanks, I’ll do the same once I’ve made some more :+1:

Where these icons uploaded to mdi? I cannot download them using the link (account limit reached)

No, I’ve been busy with work lately.

I’ll get them finished and submitted in the next few days :+1:

…OK, I’ve finally submitted these to MDI

Fingers crossed they get approved

9 Likes

Loving the new icons but can you help with where to put the files. Quite new to HA but learning by example. I am using Hassio and samba share to access the config files. Can I create a file in the config directory for my icons and if so what would the directory path be for the icon.

1 Like

Create a folder called www (if there isn’t already one there), and put the icons in there.

Then in your configuration.yaml, under customize it would look something like this:

customize:
  switch.my_light_switch:
    friendly_name: "My Light"
    entity_picture: /local/my_light_icon.png

I can here for the icon discussion… but then noticed you have Plex, netflix, and amazon video automations (or scripts)… Do these turn on a smart tv and launch that app? I looked awhile back at doing that and didn’t think it was possible (on my tv at least). Can you share that code? :slight_smile:

I have a Harmony Hub, and use this with scripts to turn on the TV, change channels, switch to Apple TV, start Plex etc.

I don’t know about controlling a smart TV directly (without a Harmony or Broadlink Hub), I guess you’d have to see if there was a component that can control your TV, or buy a hub to control it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey.
I just got linked this topic.

Here’s an example of a small custom iconset made from svgs. https://github.com/hulkhaugen/hass-bha-icons

5 Likes

Thanks @thomasloven