Implementation of Somfy Connexoon IO

My advise is get something else with standard rf (no RTS).
I got my somfys before HA and to integrate them i had to sacrifice a remote coupled to a nodemcu.

Why the hassle.

I noticed that there are three different apps. But in the end all these apps are communicating with the same piece of hardware. So in my opinion the conexoon can communicate with all io devices…

You might be right, but connection is restrictred by software. You can’t use specific connexoon hardware with other apps.

Thats too bad :frowning:

However, I found an interesting article about the somfy 'so open’ program. Somfy is working on an open API and the integration with IFTT. On the website they say:

From the summer of 2018, application developers will therefore have access to SOMFY solutions through a unified platform providing access to:

• natively connected SOMFY equipment: the SOMFY Protect range, SOMFY smart thermostat and lock;
  • SOMFY motorized roller shutters associated with SOMFY Smart Home solutions (TaHoma and Connexoon).

This sounds promising and hopefully it will be possible to control the connexoon in the nearby future.

Nice! le’ts hope HA can implement Connexoon soon with this API !

I recently bought screens with somfy IO motors, failed to realise these wouldn’t be able to link with my Broadlink RM pro (433Mhz only…) now I have to buy a connexoon or tahoma which is rediculous enough but i’d rather use the Connexoon with HA instead of Tahoma (since that is a full domotics controller in it self and overpriced).

Can we make an official requests somewhere for implementing this :slight_smile: ?

1 Like

There is already a request posted for the Somfy API.

Thanks, that would be awesome!

@darkpainy Have you bought your Connexoon?

Hi @tetienne

I have not yet bought my Connexoon, I was waiting on confirmation that this was now working with HA.
However I noticed that in the Somfy Tahoma section of HA documentation this is stated:

“This also works with the Somfy Connexoon. Check here for the differences between the bridges.”

So I’m probably going to order the Connexoon some time next week :slight_smile:

Kind regards

1 Like

I have already ordered a garage door with connexoon access and windows. @tetienne I will be happy to help in about two weeks :slight_smile:

Hi,
Works with Connexoon Access&Window.
All secens were imported to HA.
I have Ixengo gate and two blinds.
Unfortunately Ixengo and one blind was not imported as below.
One blind was imported.

Unsupported type io:ExteriorVenetianBlindWithWPIOComponent for Tahoma device okono gora
21:07 components/tahoma.py (WARNING)

Unsupported type io:DiscreteGateOpenerIOComponent for Tahoma device IXENGO io

21:07 components/tahoma.py (WARNING)
I will be testing more.

@robertpe If you have some skills on python and few minutes, I would really appreciate you contribute to the client API I currently developing: https://github.com/tetienne/somfy-open-api. If you haven’t any python skill, you can manipulate the API easily on https://developer.somfy.com/
I want to see if your devices are supported by the official API. If it’s the case, I would add them to my client.

I will try, but I’m leaving for a few days.

That’s would be great. It takes only few minutes.

So i am not sure i understand, is there a component that can get Connexoon RTS devices into HASS ?

You can try my Somfy component currently in development. Follow the steps of this post.

Is it possible to read the status of a solar screen (or blind) using that sacrificial remote (e.g. opened or closed)? In other way, is two-way communication possible?

no is not possible. I had to install another sensor to determine open or closed. like i said, if i was doing it again i wouldnt buy this.

Pity. It makes no big advantage to order IO series in comparison to RTS (433) series with respect to integration into HASS. I think it is a big Somfy mistake not to take Z-Wave or Zigbee as a communication protocol. For example they could have taken advantage from ZLL the same way as IKEA does for its devices (with a difference that one cannot control a motor from both remote and wind sensor – that would require a hub).
Maybe they are better alternatives for Somfy in respect to integration with 3rd party software?

HI, like I said I would not buy this product again.
Not aware of any other form of integration.
If you’re looking for curtains, why dont just get these:

They come with tuya, but as you can see you can easily add tasmota for FULL local control