Improvements to energy "Monitor individual devices"

Loving the new energy dashboard. I’m a little limited as I have a number of devices that return energy usage but I don’t have anything for the whole home.

There are a couple of things that would make the ‘monitor individual devices’ section of the energy dashboard even better - for people in this situation

1. Have the hover pop-up for each bar of the horizontal bar graph display cost of energy as well as energy used (I don’t want to just create an entity, as that entity’s bar graph would dwarf the individual lines and make them less useful)
  2. A breakdown at the bottom of the graph which states total energy used for the period, and the cost of that energy

and

1. (May be applicable for the entire energy dashboard) have a lovelace card that displays the content of the panel. This way the data can be included in lovelace dashboard as its own panel - this is useful for people who use tablets as display panels around the house.

I voted for this. What I would love to see: a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly bar chart of total used energy consumption with added to that the usage per individual device, so I can see per period which device is using % of total used energy. A pie chart would be my chart of choice.

2 Likes

The energy consumption bar is very good.
As we monitor individual devices consumption like this :

yellow is my dish washer
Black is my washing machine
green is my dryer
light Blue is “other”

It’s could be very good in order to know if device need to me change !

Completly agree… missing BAR usage with known and unkown devices per hour / day use…

I would like to see the excellent Energy Usage chart and Sources table replicated for individual devices. As it is, the individual devices chart is a bit lacking.

Might this be done from config? Or failing that I’d like to modify the code for the energy dashboard. But where is it? I have yet to find the energy dashboard in the front end, though I have found the energy component in the core. Any clues for where to look to change the layout of the dashboard would be welcome.

There is a new bar chart in 2024.3 to see individual devices now:

type: energy-devices-detail-graph

There is a way to fix data ? :

Thanks