Improvements to track individual device energy consumption

Background:
I’m using multiple energy meter devices at the house, I have the following set up:

• Clamp on the mains cable into the whole house (total)
  • Clamp on A/C unit
  • Clamp on Hot Water Heater
  • Clamp on Tesla Wall Connector
    (Wanna add more for Oven & HOB in the future)

Initially (On energy dashboard) I’ve added data from ‘mains’ clamp as my “Electricity grid” → Grid consumption. Since this tracks the whole house consumption.
This works perfectly, I can see whole house graph (i.e per hr), cost.

Problem:
Now, all other devices (wall connector, AC, etc) that feed from the mains, I’ve added as “Individual devices”, however I’m finding the ‘Individual devices’ feature pretty limiting.

Wish list:

• I’d like to see breakdown of individual devices on the graph where my mains/grid is (including hourly/daily/monthly breakdown of usage of that device)
  • Cost tracking - right now ‘individual devices’ do not track cost. I want to know how much ‘hot water heater was’, ‘a/c cost’, etc. (cost comparison is also good to have)

I guess my wish is for ‘individual devices’ to be treated in similar way as ‘Electricity grid → Grid consumption’.

I don’t have home energy storage, but I assume people would also want to track not just whole return to grid, but maybe return per individual device (if they have some kinda DYI)

What didn’t work
As a workaround, I’ve tried to add all my ‘individual devices’ as ‘Electricity grid → Grid consumption’, but this results in over addition of input energy into house. For example ‘mains’ will track wall connector too. This does not work well, but at least I can see the cost breakdown, but ‘total’ is now screwed up.

Some UI/UX ideas for set up
I can think of 2 ways in UI handling this. Either remove the ‘individual devices’ all along, and allow nesting sub devices under ‘mains’
Example:

Or in individual devices can have a link which ‘grid input’ is used. (For people who have >1 grid input)
Example:
Screenshot_20230818_194557

From what I’m reading, it sounds like you want individual device cost tracking - is that correct?

There are workarounds you can do (ie, create a template sensor that subtracts the individual devices from the whole house) if you’re up for a hackey solution.