In development: LG SmartThinQ component

Also posting in here in case someone can help:
This fork of the component works for v2 devices:

Is based on both @no2chem (hass-smarthinq v2) component @ollo69 (wideq v2) library versions

HOWEVER: If you have mixed v1 and v2 devices it might break you setup. I installed this fork and tried to keep the original component but seems that there is only one wideq version possible so there are issues in one or the other.

If somebody knows how to keep both wideq versions to co-exist so we can use both components at the same time please let me know!

Discussion also in LG Smartthinq Air Conditioning - #180 by adrianrdzv

2 Likes

don’t get your hopes up if you were having issues before the marcio probably won’t help get the same errors as before and won’t load proper

Boiiiiiii!!! This works, finally after months I can see my LG aircon in home assistant.
It’s still not 100% because I cant get current temp and stuff but I can adjust temp and change modes.

@jimmyleet head over to GitHub and pop it into an issue :slight_smile:

If you go and check your HA logs, I have a suspicion of what it may be, but can try help if you post any relevant errors over there.

@davewatson91 Do you have any idea on why my v2 devices can’t be controlled?

1 Like

I tried this v2 and I very happy because my LG AC was integrated :slight_smile:

Thanks

1 Like

So now my LG HVAC on api2 is finally working, does anyone know how we might get my zone motors to open/close via the api as well? I can control which rooms are open/closed from the LG app just in the “Zone” section.

Was just planning to put sensors in certain rooms and perhaps control the flow a bit :slight_smile:

Hi.

I see many query on eic.lgthinq.com, several per minutes (every 30 seconds?), on my pihole logs. Is it normal? Can’t it be lowered to something to one ping each each 5 minutes? Or only when one of the appliance is active?

My old washer dryer finally died (:partying_face:) which means I can now justify a smart replacement lol. Had a LG FWV685WSE washer dryer delivered, installed ollo69’s component from HACs according to instructions and everything worked first time. Thanks to everyone involved!

Hi.
today I tried to integrate my LG washing maschine into HA. Therefore I wanted to use GitHub - ollo69/ha-smartthinq-sensors: Home Assistant custom integration for SmartThinQ LG devices configurable with Lovelace User Interface.

For installation I have choosen Option B: Manually installation (custom_component), because I couldn’t find SmartThinQ LGE Sensors in the Integration tab. After that I rebooted HA. For the configuration I want to use the Option A: Configuration using the web UI [recommended]. But again, I can not add SmartThinQ LGE Sensors as a new integration. What I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi @samps and @wkd8176, would it be possible for you guys to add Jet Mode, Energy Control and Air Purifier to this codes of yours? I would like to volunteer if needed as Alpha tester. Thanks! More power to you guys!

Hi Guys

I have two of the new LG thinQ Ceiling Fans, was hoping to integrate them with my Home Assistant.
i managed to install and configure https://github.com/ollo69/ha-smartthinq-sensors
It seems like there’s no support for the Fan device type. What is the best way to try and get this device type added ?

i get this message in my logs:

Logger: custom_components.smartthinq_sensors.wideq.device
Source: custom_components/smartthinq_sensors/wideq/device.py:272
Integration: SmartThinQ LGE Sensors ([documentation](https://github.com/ollo69/ha-smartthinq-sensors), [issues](https://github.com/ollo69/ha-smartthinq-sensors/issues))
First occurred: 12:20:49 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:20:49 PM

* Device d16a0770-6d79-1583-9478-24e853162483: unknown device type with id 405
* Device 8d758d50-d36b-17b8-a5ad-24e853164537: unknown device type with id 405

++ @ollo69 @samps @wkd8176

Add fan should not be really complicated.
Please open an issue in integration repository as feature request add attach the fan JSON device information.

Hi @ollo69 - thanks for responding. Would you mind pointing me to an explanation of what i need to run to get the JSON files for the fan?

First of all install new version that I just released today, I have added device type 405 so that is not unknown any more.
After reboot open the HA logs, you should find a web link to download JSON info. You should have a couple of lines like this:

Found unsupported LGE Device. Name: … - Type: … - NetworkType: … - InfoUrl: http://…

The link to use is after “InfoUrl”.

Open a feature request in integration repository and attach the link or the related downloaded file.

Thanks @ollo69 - i’ve upgraded the component, the error in my logs is now gone but im not seeing the anything in the logs like you describe. To confirm im looking in the right place, it’s : Configuration (side bar) → logs → load full home assistant log (button)

all i see is this:

2021-09-20 12:54:57 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration smartthinq_sensors which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

You need to check inside the log file and search for message at info level.
If your log level is set to warning you should set it to info in configuration.yaml to have required messages.

Thanks @ollo69 - got the JSON data, ive logged a feature request on github.

LG ThinQ Fan support · Issue #207 · ollo69/ha-smartthinq-sensors (github.com)

I am in the same boat. I can’t find smarthinq in HA integrations. I can’t do the component web configuration . I am lost and I don’t know what to do. If you found a solution please let me know

@Tismo - you need to add the custom component first. Look at the installation instructions in the readme

@ollo69 - im not sure if this is a mistake in your readme, i dont think config should be there ?

cp -R ha-smartthinq-sensors/custom_components/smartthinq_sensors/ ~/.homeassistant/config/custom_components