In development: LG SmartThinQ component

Yes, you are probably right. I will check and fix this, anyway is really more simple use HACS.

UPDATE: I fixed some indent issues and removed washer_door_lock since I don’t see that entity for my washer/dryer. I don’t see any errors when checking the config anymore.

Hello, I’ve only been using Home Assistant for less than a week and my YAML skills are still lacking. I tried following these instructions to get cards set up:

I am getting stumped on this step:
Add the contents of this repository’s configuration.yaml to your own. If you already have a template sensors entry like this, these sensors can be added alongside your other template sensors.

Before I restart HA I do a config check and it is spitting out an error:
Error loading /config/configuration.yaml: while parsing a block mapping
in “/config/configuration.yaml”, line 26, column 3
expected , but found ‘’
in “/config/configuration.yaml”, line 41, column 5

Here are the relevant lines in my config.yaml:

I am simply pasting the raw code from here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/phrz/lg-washer-dryer-card/main/configuration.yaml

Any idea how to solve my issue?

Okay, I’ve gotten the the washer and dryer cards added. I’m currently not running a cycle but was wondering if this is how they should look when there is no washer/dryer activity:

Seems like it’s missing some images. However, I made sure to save all the images from the github file path:

It’s saved in the directory per the instructions:

Any idea why the card is not displaying properly?

Edit 1: Adding @phrz to the post to see if he can help.

Edit 2: After clearing cache on all my devices it displays fine. They are beautiful cards I must say:

1 Like

hi, is the integration able to remotely turn on the washer and dryer? I would need some device that would be able to do this and I could start the mode based on the sun and charge the home batteries.

My washer supports remote start and yes the integration can start it. My dishwasher doesn’t so there is no way to start it from HA unfortunately.

1 Like

Have been using this integration for quite some time now and after a recent update had to log back in. I had to change my password and since that time have been unable to log into the site to get the re-direction URL. I’m getting an internal server error when attempting to log in. Resetting password does not help, and I can use the LG SmartThinq app with the current credentials without issue. Wondering if anyone has run into this or knows how to fix it. I’ve reached out to LG but have not received any response.

Any thoughts on this one? It’s for a range, and the entity statuses will periodically appear. However, they never update, and mostly show as “unavailable”. I have a washer, dryer, and refrigerator that show correctly with entity statuses updating as expected. It’s just this range that isn’t. I can create an issue on GitHub if necessary. Thank you!

Logger: custom_components.smartthinq_sensors
Source: custom_components/smartthinq_sensors/wideq/device.py:545
Integration: smartthinq_sensors (documentation, issues)
First occurred: December 18, 2021, 7:02:33 PM (92 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:46:21 PM

ThinQ error while updating device status
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/smartthinq_sensors/__init__.py", line 506, in _device_update
    state = self._device.poll()
  File "/config/custom_components/smartthinq_sensors/wideq/range.py", line 54, in poll
    res = self.device_poll("ovenState")
  File "/config/custom_components/smartthinq_sensors/wideq/device.py", line 1205, in device_poll
    res = self._model_info.decode_monitor(data)
  File "/config/custom_components/smartthinq_sensors/wideq/device.py", line 553, in decode_monitor
    return self.decode_monitor_json(data)
  File "/config/custom_components/smartthinq_sensors/wideq/device.py", line 545, in decode_monitor_json
    return json.loads(data.decode("utf8"))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/json/__init__.py", line 346, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/json/decoder.py", line 340, in decode
    raise JSONDecodeError("Extra data", s, end)
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Extra data: line 1 column 2 (char 1)

@ollo69 I’ve just droped my workaround via Homebridge and have finnaly added the LG AC to my Home-Assistant. Thank you for the nice work.

@phrz @alexcapone I’ve installed these cards as per the instructions however I’m having issues with the css that defines the digital timer font. It appears fine on my desktop in a browser, however on both the android and ios app, it reverts to the standard font like in alexcapone’s post above. I’ve defined the css/url resource in both the Manage Resources section in Lovelace and in my configuration.yaml as I tested in both a UI managed dashboard and a yaml dashboard with the same results.

PS I also testing in mobile browser and it did not pick up the proper font either. For both the browser and the app, I cleared the cache already and even tried reinstalling the android app.

Any ideas…
Thanks

@rdekoning11 Did you try reloading your Hassio instance?

No, seemed like an extreme to go to for just a CSS issue. I added you to my initial response as you had posted images that showed your css wasn’t working either, so wondered if perhaps you had discovered your issue.

Nonetheless, I did resolve it.
The apps seem to require the css be located in the \local folder (as per instructions), whereas through the desktop browser I could store them in the \local\community folder, where I have the rest of my hacs files, as long at the Lovelace-Manage Resources entry matched.

Added my own machine images and it looks great.
This is a cloud based component correct? Has there been any progress made on local api access, or does LG have that locked down tight.

thanks.

Has anyone created any sensors using the data from this component to track number of cycles per week or month? Seems like there should be a way to do it but I have not found one yet.

Hi

I would like to add my LG washer in HA but I don’t understand how to implement that. Can you explain what you did for the integration and the map please ?

Thanks

Here is a great writeup on exactly how to do it including links to installing the integration and adding the cards to your Lovelace dashboard:

Just a note that LG updated their TOS recently which impacted my HA login. Not sure if this is globally or just in my region. Simple fix was to go back into the LG app and accept the new TOS.

3 Likes

Thank you! Had been ignoring all my LG entities being unavailable for a while and meant to check. I couldn’t figure out how to reauthenticate in the add-on. Glad I didn’t have to uninstall and reinstall the integration, just accept the TOS in the app and restart HA, everything came back.

Thanks for this heads up. I checked the thread and saw this post and it saved me from a lot of troubleshooting headaches.

Running this with an LG Washer Dryer. My local SKU is CV92T5S2SQE, but YMMV. It’s an 8,5kg/5kg slim washer/dryer combo, frontloaded.

I’ve used the HACS install of this component, and it works really well, apart from some of the sensors readings from the component. When using the pre-determined programs (in this case Eco 40-60, set to 40) I’m getting the following values:

run_state: @WM_STATE_RUNNING_W
pre_state: @WM_STATE_DETECTING_W
dry_level: @WM_TERM_NO_SELECT_W

Not itself a big issue, but it doesn’t report the current state of the wash, which could be nice to display in the UI.

I’m thinking of buying an LG PC12SQ airco, but i’m not sure if this airco works with this intergration, can someone confirm that? :slight_smile:

Just wondering what the current state of this integration is. I just bought an LG ThinQ washer & dryer yesterday, they’ll be delivered later this week. Planning to add them to HA. Are there any known issues at this time, or is everything all good?