In 'template' condition: UndefinedError: 'dict object' has no attribute

Hi guys!

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong with this automation and how can I repair it?

alias: MQTT2Var - Computer Room Hum Sensor
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: mqtt
    topic: tele/ZigBee_Bridge/SENSOR
condition:
  - condition: template
    value_template: >-
      {{ 'Humidity' in
      trigger.payload_json['ZbReceived']['Computer_TempHum_Sensor'] }}
action:
  - service: variable.set_variable
    data:
      variable: computer_temphum_humidity
      value: >-
        {{trigger.payload_json['ZbReceived']['Computer_TempHum_Sensor']['Humidity']}}
mode: single

I am getting too many warning messages in the log, similar to this:

2021-06-12 13:53:26 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation] Error evaluating condition in 'MQTT2Var - Computer Room Hum Sensor':
In 'condition':
In 'template' condition: UndefinedError: 'dict object' has no attribute 'Computer_TempHum_Sensor'

It tells you there is no Computer_TempHum_Sensor attribute in ZbReceived in the json payload.

Check the actual json from MQTT in the tele/ZigBee_Bridge/SENSOR topic.

14:24:59.360 MQT: tele/ZigBee_Bridge/SENSOR = {"ZbReceived":{"Computer_TempHum_Sensor":{"Device":"0x6106","Name":"Computer_TempHum_Sensor","Humidity":58.8,"Endpoint":1,"LinkQuality":76}}}

But… this is what tasmota is sending, looking into the console

Maybe not always?
Does the warning is shown for every updates? Is the topic shared by multiple sensors?

Not always. I forced the sensor to send datas now, and the log did not register any warning…

Yes, all the sensors uses this topic

You could do

value_template: >-
      {{ 'Computer_TempHum_Sensor' in
      trigger.payload_json['ZbReceived'] and 'Humidity' in
      trigger.payload_json['ZbReceived']['Computer_TempHum_Sensor'] }}
1 Like

I will try it now, thanks!

I forgot if tasmota is capable to do this and how… Can I have different topics for every sensor? Something from SetOption ? I don’t remember exactly and I search everywhere…
I think is SetOption89 :slight_smile:

Now, the question is… .should I have individual topics for every sensor? I mean… every sensor is giving me 3 informations, which means that it will send 3 information to HA (temperature, humidity and battery)… If I make a similar automation, it will trigger 3 times every the sensor refreshes… I think it could be the same result as now, right?

Up to you. Now, if you have, e.g,. 3 sensors, the same automation will be triggered 9 times.

Pay attention that wil the default “single” mode of automations, if the same one is triggered while it is already running, the trigger will be ignored.
If you go that route, I recommend to use mode: queued

You just have to keep in mind that if you use a single topic, you won’t always have the same information, i.e. the same json structure.

I am trying with different topics, at least, if I will have a sensor refresh, the automation will trigger 3 times and I can use ‘paralel’ with maximum number 3. Maybe it will be better :slight_smile:

Thank you for your advices.

Seems that splitting a big automation into more and changing tasmota to make every device have it’s own topic, doesn’t get me any warning like before.

Thank you again, for all advices.