In which environment do you use HA?

It’s just a question out of interest, but could be something interesting to see, where people use HA. Is it in a flat, a house, some big fancy palace or even your RV or boat?

This has no “science relevance” at all, I (and maybe others) am just interested. :slight_smile:

As the poll options depend largely on a personal environment, please use what you feel suits you best. Eg. a flat in NY is normally not that big (in square meter) compared to a flat anywhere in the middle of the country. So if you feel your one room apartment is “big” for your area, then choose this. As I said, I’m not interested in a scientific approach, it’s just a “let me know” thingy. :slight_smile:

This is setup as a multiple choice poll, so if you use HA in different environments, eg. your house and your parents house or your boat, just choose multiple options.

Your HA environment
  • Flat (small)
  • Flat (big)
  • House (small)
  • House (big)
  • Castle / palace
  • Farm
  • Boat
  • RV / camper
  • Other

0 voters

Thanks for voting, I’m really curious where people use their installation. If you want, please feel free to offer different/additional options or describe your home a little more, especially if you chose “Others”. Just as you like! :slight_smile:

I have automated the drawbridge on my castle. Currently trying to figure out how to automate the boiling of my oil pots for when the Romans lay siege

7 Likes

Thanks to all that have voted until now! :slight_smile:

It’s interesting to see where you use your HA installation.

Keep the votes coming, thank you! :slight_smile:

excellent :rofl:

Here typical HA user at home, but also starting to deploy it for some residential high-end customers (to replace obsolete AMX/Crestron systems) and perhaps soon on a yacht too soon :wink:

1 Like

I use it to control my lights, hvac, and whole home audio in what some would consider a big house, I guess. Depends where you live. To someone in a studio in NYC or a flat in London, it’s a palace. To my neighbors, it’s a house. To the mcmansions in the next development over, it’s probably a hovel. Lol

1 Like

what is a small flat and what is a big flat and what is a small house and what is a big house?

As I said above, there is no scientific approach to this. Use, what you fell best suits.

If you think, you live in a big flat, use this option, if you think your flat is small, compared to others in your neighbourhood or area, use that option. It is more of a feeling thing, than a scientific approach. And as this is not intended to come out as a study, it is your choice. :slight_smile:

The idea behind is just to find out, what people think of their environment. And as this forum is used from all over the world, it would be rather complicated, to differentiate between all the different living situations in different countries. :slight_smile: Here in Germany, a four room flat inner city with 150 square meters is thought of as big, but if you go out to the country side, 150 square meters in a house are thought of as small. So, too many different options, that’s why I decided to just leave it to the voter, what his/her feelings are about their own living situation.

Thanks for voting! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Swiss agglomeration guy here… i voted and now small apt and big apt are on par… :slight_smile:

I use House (big) on my 200square m.