Inclusion without security

Tech support for my z-wave switch has asked me to try disabling security when pairing. How can I achieve this with the Z-wave-JS integration?

Click the “Add Device” button in the integration view. Click “How do you want to include your device”. Pick Insecure. Click “Search”.

2 Likes

click Add device → click on “how would you like to include” → select option

2 Likes

Wow thanks! I’ve been looking for this all day. I totally ignored that link thinking it would just be a link to docs.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity… what type of Z-wave switch is and what is the issue you are having. Was wondering if the information may help others who run into similar issues.

Zooz ZEN30.
Same issue as in ZEN30 on/off commands sometimes fail · Issue #65173 · home-assistant/core · GitHub but I’m talking directly with Zooz customer support.

I’m having the same issues with mine, please update this thread if they have some resolution.

@sebby is this with a brand new switch or is this a regression with something that was working before?

@OctAA it is an old switch that was on a vera syatem. it was working then, but my vera bit the dust and now i am moving everything to HA. i have 5 of these and have only been able to include one the others all fail when adding them

Did you a factory reset on them?

yep, several times, i’ve also excluded them with both the vera and a Aeon zwave stick after the reset. all to no avail.