Inconsistent control using Rodret remote

I recently bought a Rodret remote to remotely control Kasa light switches. I had such a hard time to get it connected to SkyConnect. The red light on the switch was pulsing 1cm from the dongle and nothing happens…

And even when connected, it constantly not register button presses. This doesn’t change whether it’s close or far from the dongle. Button press success rate is below 5%. When it does work, it will work for a few seconds consistently, and then stop.

The zigbee channel is on 20 although I couldn’t find a way to change it anyways. Local Wifi channel are more congested on channel 1 and then 11 and then 6. Hue is on 25, no idea what channel Wyze sensors or the ecobee sensors use. The SkyConnect is not far from my WiFi router, but all my current and previous zigbee hubs (Hue, Wyze, Smartthings) are closer, with controlled devices much further than the Rodret remote, and zigbee on them works perfectly.

Update: found how to change channel. Still didn’t change it. I don’t think it’s the issue at the moment. I also noticed the Google Nest thread network is on channel 23. But I don’t think there’s anything on that Thread network, and I’m not even sure thread would interfere with zigbee…

Update 2: now it’s completely disconnected. it’s marked as offline and unavailable. I’ve tried multiple times to reconnect by getting into pairing mode on both ends and put them together. Nothing happens.

For what it’s worth, I’m also having issues with it staying connected. The bulbs I’m using it with are also Zigbee and do not have connection issues so I know my network reaches.

I’ve had issues with my TRADFRI motion sensor where it’ll appear unavailable if the motion isn’t triggered in X amount of time. But as soon as it detects motion it’s back available and functioning as expected. The RODRET is just staying unavailable, even after wakeup on button press.