Indoor Air Quality Sensor Component

Nice component. Would it be possible to take into account ozone and sulfur dioxide?

1 Like

With this setup are you still using the interval so you only turn on measurement for 20s every 2 minutes or do you measure air quality continuous?

My live versions are very close to what I shared previously. I have like six of them all over my house. They measure continuously but I primarily use the rolling data because of the inaccuracy of the instantaneous data. Noise doesnā€™t help anyone make a decision.

If you look at ā€œofficial AQI numberā€ reporting, youā€™ll see that the average is rolled by 24 hours which causes significant delay in reportingā€¦ it takes a long time to move the needle when a nasty air front moves in quickly. With a 30 minute rolled average the results are nearly real time by comparison.

I have great visibility to see the quality of the air from my house and now I can align what I see with what is actually happening. Mostly I wanted i know: is it just fog in the valley or is it bad air and we should stay inside? The AQI sensor tells me.

I also use the room-based data to trigger air purifiers that I have in the house should the roomā€™s air quality start to degrade. I throttle the purifier based on how ā€œbadā€ the AQI measurement is. It works very well.

1 Like

Woah, I just noticed that ESPHomeā€™s integration for PMS5003ST and PMS5003S now have support for formaldehyde! Lately, Iā€™ve been trying to register my 3D printerā€™s impact to room air quality with the PMS7003 sensors I bought but nothing seems to register ā€“ even TVOC/CO2. I know that printing ABS generates formaldehyde (which is pretty much all I print) so Iā€™m going to get a couple of these PMS5003ST sensors and see what it can see. :smiley:

1 Like

I just installed and got this working. I love this component, but I am not a programmer. The Indoor air quality UK component makes use of a function that has been depreciated and will soon no longer function. It looks like there is a replacement available. Is there any chance you will be updating this component before it stops working?

This is the Home assistant log message:

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.frame Source: helpers/frame.py:77 First occurred: 7:50:15 AM (1 occurrences) Last logged: 7:50:15 AM
Detected integration that uses temperature utility. This is deprecated since 2022.10 and will stop working in Home Assistant 2023.4, it should be updated to use unit_conversion.TemperatureConverter instead. Please report issue to the custom integration author for iaquk using this method at custom_components/iaquk/__init__.py, line 355: value = convert_temperature(value, entity_unit, TEMP_CELSIUS)

I would really appreciate your help keeping this component alive.

1 Like

Nice work, but my sensors are coming up as sensor.unnamed_device.
I donā€™t believe I missed a step in the config, did i?

iaquk:
  livingroom:
    name: "iaq Living Room"
    sources:
      temperature: sensor.woonkamer_temperature
      humidity: sensor.woonkamer_humidity
      co2: sensor.livingsensor_co2_value

Any update on making this work with 2023.6?

Thank you so much @FredTheFrog! With your comment, you saved my day! I spend a couple of days trying to set up the sensor and after connecting the WAKE pin to GROUND, everything worked! Thanks!

1 Like

Iā€™m having problems getting this up and running as it errors on boot, hereā€™s the logsā€¦

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:251
First occurred: 15:41:53 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 15:41:53

Setup failed for custom integration 'iaquk': Unable to import component: No module named 'homeassistant.util.temperature'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 251, in _async_setup_component
    component = integration.get_component()
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 814, in get_component
    ComponentProtocol, importlib.import_module(self.pkg_path)
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/importlib/__init__.py", line 126, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1204, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1176, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1147, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 690, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 940, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 241, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/config/custom_components/iaquk/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
    from homeassistant.util.temperature import convert as convert_temperature
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'homeassistant.util.temperature'

ā€“

Googling the error gets me another thread about another integration, and it looks like that module was deprecated a year ago, not sure if that helps?

:sob:

Home Assistant Core
2024-01-07 19:15:38.505 WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration iaquk which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2024-01-07 19:15:41.917 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.const] TEMP_CELSIUS was used from iaquk, this is a deprecated constant which will be removed in HA Core 2025.1. Use UnitOfTemperature.CELSIUS instead, please create a bug report at https://github.com/Limych/ha-iaquk/issues
2024-01-07 19:15:41.921 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.const] TEMP_FAHRENHEIT was used from iaquk, this is a deprecated constant which will be removed in HA Core 2025.1. Use UnitOfTemperature.FAHRENHEIT instead, please create a bug report at https://github.com/Limych/ha-iaquk/issues
2024-01-07 19:15:41.921 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for custom integration 'iaquk': Unable to import component: No module named 'homeassistant.util.temperature'
File "/config/custom_components/iaquk/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>

Just installed the latest update and itā€™s all working again! :grinning:

1 Like

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution?

Hi

Sorry, a real noob question

I added the following in the configuration.yaml file, how do I about getting the outputs on my homepage. I searched all the entities and sensors on the system cannot find iaq_level any where.

iaquk:
    sources:
      temperature: sensor.dyson_purifier_big_quiet_temperature
      humidity: sensor.dyson_purifier_big_quiet_humidity
      co2: sensor.dyson_purifier_big_quiet_carbon_dioxide
      no2: sensor.dyson_purifier_big_quiet_nitrogen_dioxide_index
      hcho: sensor.dyson_purifier_big_quiet_hcho
      pm:
        - sensor.dyson_purifier_big_quiet_pm_2_5
        - sensor.dyson_purifier_big_quiet_pm_10
      voc_index: sensor.dyson_purifier_big_quiet_volatile_organic_compounds_index
    sensors:
      - iaq_level
      - iaq_index