Indoor Air Quality Sensor Component

This component allows you to evaluate the air quality in any room, using data from various sensors installed there. Such as temperature, humidity, carbon dioxide sensors, etc.

The index is calculating in accordance with the IAQ UK organization methodology.

18 Likes

Nice component!

Do you plan to add pm2.5 and pm10 index?

1 Like

Yes, I plan to add all possible indexes. But I have no information in what units they are usually measured in sensors.

Can you help me with this?

Wow It’s Awesome.

Did you made it UK standards ?

if this component includes pm10 and pm2.5, it is more valuable components.

thx for your great code sharing.

The index is calculating in accordance with the IAQ UK organization methodology.

Now calculation is only available for some sources: temperature, humidity, CO2 and tVOC. In the future, I plan to add all the other possible sources from the methodology.

I’ve made an experimental version with IAQ index calculations for PM0.3-PM10.0. Please, test how it work: https://github.com/Limych/ha-iaquk/tree/develop

Interesting - what sort of physical sensors are out there to collect some of this data I wonder

For temperature, humidity, eCO2 & tVOC I have home-made sensor: ESP32 + CJMCU-8128

@Limych Would you mind sharing the schematics and code for the ESP32 + CJMCU-8128 sensor? Are you using ESPhome for the integration?

Hello :blush:

Schematic is simplest. There are only 4 wires:

Current version of code: https://github.com/Limych/HomeAssistantConfiguration/blob/e0287b3b6e261493ef6b60d681e2e6a4dfda59cb/esphome/kitchen.yaml

Note: I have more than one sensor block connected to this ESP32. So the code is a bit redundant.

3 Likes

Just a heads up, In your install instructions for HACs you miss out adding your repository into HACs itself.
Need to add a line saying to copy and paste the GIT url into the settings page on HACs as an integration.

(I’m a newbie with custom components so had to work this out)

Oh, sorry. I was hoping that ludeus would quickly add this component to the repository, but I didn’t take into account that the format of the repository has changed since the last my component was added. And the addition is stuck …

In the near future we’ll fix everything and this remark will not be needed :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem! :slight_smile: I hope I can build a couple of sensors to give it a try in the coming weeks.
I imagine the minimum requirement to get it working is Temp & Humidity?

Edit- Ignore me, I saw your post above listed the- CJMCU-8128. I got confused because the image shows the BME280. I’ve just ordered the required sensor.

New version of sensor published.

New sources available:

• Ultrafine particles (PM0.3, PM0.5, PM1.0, PM2.5, PM5, PM10)
  • Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2)
  • Carbon Monoxide (CO)
  • Formaldehyde (HCHO; CH2O)
3 Likes

Using latest version, “State update” is executed only once at startup, no updates after that.

Please, make a new issue here: https://github.com/Limych/ha-iaquk/issues/new?assignees=&labels=bug&template=bug_report.md&title=

The sensor tries to save computer resources as much as possible. Sensor values are recalculated only when the values of the source sensors change. In addition, each source has ranges of values that do not change the index. So index changes can occur irregularly.

To check the operation of the sensor, you can enable the mode of displaying debugging information in the logs:

# Example configuration.yaml entry
logger:
  logs:
    custom_components.iaquk: debug

Thank you for drawing my attention to this situation. You were right - there was a stupid bug. Fixed.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

@Limych Do you know any sensor/hardware for measure the following?

• Carbon Monoxide (CO)
  • Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2)
  • Formaldehyde (HCHO; CH2O)

For Formaldehyde I’ve just received JQ300 from AliExpress:

But there a no HA integration now. Just starting to make it.

1 Like