Indoor Wifi Camera with motion detection. Maybe Yi and Xiaomi?!

Hello guys,

Reading all days long and can not find any details.
I am looking for the cam that have no problems with HA:

• wifi
  • indoor
  • motion detection
  • can be with 360 or can be without rotation
  • till 50€
  • 1080p or more
  • sound (recording at least)
  • 220v, but perfect with buffee battery if electricity is down
  • would like see the live stream in HA App
  • would like to send short video when motion detected (perfect with buffered some seconds before motion detection)
  • of course no Cloud and work without internet (as part of local alarm system)

I am ready to flash it with custom firmware.
I was looking on Yi and Xiaomi cams with alternative firmware. But can not find any reviews how they works with HA.

Who uses them, i would like to have some opinions.

Or maybe smth other brand?
The market is full of different, but which one to choose is the question.

Thanks a lot!

Check Amazon in your country for “eufy Security 2K Indoor Cam Pan & Tilt” (~ 50€) or “eufy Security 2K Indoor Cam” (~ 40€).

It should be able to do everything you requested except for the buffer battery. It also has person-detection built into the camera (it doesn’t use a cloud service to do object detection). It also supports Apple HomeKit.

Full disclosure: I don’t own one but I have similar requirements to yours and this camera fulfills most of them.

Oh, thanks!
Where cam i read more about it and how it intergrated with HA? I can not find any intergration for HA

The camera supports RTSP so that’s how you would stream images.

Currently, Home Assistant’s homekit_controller integration doesn’t support cameras. However it might in the future and then more of the camera’s features will be directly accessible to Home Assistant.

And motion detection? How it works with it?

Motion detection is built into the camera. It detects changes within the image and that serves to begin recording and send an alert (via its app). If you want Home Assistant to receive the alert, you would need a custom integration (or homekit_controller supporting cameras). If that’s important to you then you will need to consider only the cameras that have that degree of integration with Home Assistant.

Exact, i need it.

There’s this custom integration but I know very little about it:

Thanks! Will look.

But still be glad to other camera options according the post requirements! :wave:

Hi again)))

I can not understand it. It there really no cam that support from HA without bugs and so on?
I have checked all the native intergations. Have found no cam for 50Eur and all that costs 50 Eur or less have great (not small one) bugs (according to posts here) also in official intergration. How can it be???
Now is 2020 year and there is NO cam that just work good with HA and has motion detection??? I do not believe it!

1 Like

Hi,

Did you find one? I’m also looking for an indoor PTZ with motion detection - to keep an eye on my dog.

:slight_smile:
Amanda

Nothing, as we are living in 1991 year and not 2021 :rofl: Back to the past! :upside_down_face:

This seems to support Onvif and RTSP.

TP-Link Tapo C200

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-Security-Rotational-Required-Storage/dp/B07XR2NWZC/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=onvif%2Bcamera&qid=1609609172&sr=8-6&th=1

I have also been looking for a wifi camera to connect back to my HIK nvr , I have tried the YI hack(on YI cameras) and the stream fails after about an hour.
I have ordered one of both the cameras as they both support onvif, and will try them out and let you know if they are any good. If not they will be sent back.

i have treid it.
Not bad, but motion detection do not wokt, also with oroginal integration.

YI hack used also - is also very unstable and the camera has low resourse to handle with full hd stream.

I have had both the c100 and c200 running for over a week now onto my HIK NVR and feeds into home assistant, and for the money they are great, no motion detection and no ptz control, but if they are in a corner, the field of view is just short of 90 degrees wide and gets the whole room in, I will be getting another c100 for the sumerhouse.

I tried the TAPO, but returned it because I wanted higher resolution, but I recall it worked fairly well feeding my Synology NAS as the NVR and then pulling that stream into Home Assistant.

I’ve also tried the HEIMVISION HM202A which seemed to have promise, and is supposed to have an RTSP stream. I’ve had nothing but trouble with it though.

First it wouldn’t setup in the app or work while I was on my home network. Turns out it requires communication to a website (icloseli.com) that was blocked by my AdGuard Home adblocker. Once I opened that up the app started working the way it should.

I was never able to test the RTSP on the Heimvision. I have the connection strings provided by the manufacturer, but was never able to determine the IP address that camera was using.

I tried setting a Static Lease IP in my DHCP (also in my AdGaurd Home) on the MAC address the camera app reported (which matched the number on a label on the camera) but pinging that ended up in lost packages and no response. I also tried removing the Static lease and hoping for a dynamic, but the MAC address never showed up in my Dynamic Lease table.

I’ve been going back and forth with Heimvision support for over 3 weeks trying to sort this out but their support is in China (I think) and if I’m lucky they will send me an e-mail before I go to sleep and I can respond to them and maybe get a second response by morning. Usually they respond at 3 am though and it is a one e-mail per day exchange. They also seem to “share” cases as I have had 3 different people respond to me, often asking for the same information the other has asked about, or missing my replies, etc.

I even bought a second Heimvision to try the process after the AdBlocker change to allow the icloseli.com site to be accessed, and had the same IP problems.

If anyone is interested in trying this camera out, here is the RTSP strings I was told to use (obviously you have to modify it for your own network/IP).

> Obtain real-time video through streaming media software such as VLC on the computer.
> 
> Please make sure that the computer and the camera are in the same router network.
> 
> Media-Open the URL address bar of the network stream and enter:
> 
> HD mode:
> 
> rtsp://[192.168.1.118/user=admin&password=&channel=1&stream=0.554](http://192.168.1.118/user=admin&password=&channel=1&stream=0.554)
> 
> Or rtsp://[192.168.1.118/0/av0](http://192.168.1.118/0/av0)
> 
> SD standard definition mode:
> 
> rtsp://[192.168.1.118/user=admin&password=&channel=0&stream=0.554](http://192.168.1.118/user=admin&password=&channel=0&stream=0.554)
> 
> Or rtsp://[192.168.1.118/0/av1](http://192.168.1.118/0/av1)
> 
> (192.168.1.118 is the IP address obtained in step one)
> 
>  
> 
> The login box pops up, enter the user name: admin and the password is empty.
> 
> You can view the real-time video after pressing Enter.

Couldn't get VLC to work either because I don't know the IP.