Inovelli Black Series Dimmer (LZW31) Blueprint

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

This is a blueprint for the Inovelli Black Series Dimmer, which has scene control capabilities specifically with the version 1.52 firmware found here: Index of /firmware/LZW31/Beta/1.52

Flash the LZW31_1.52.otz file to the device using Home Assistant (go to the Zwave JS integration, click devices, select the device, and then use the drop down next to the configure button to “Update”). I was unable to update the bin file, just the otz, but the bin file seems to just be the LED driver so just ignore that - it doesn’t matter.

Once that is complete, the device will be re-interviewed and should show “Firmware: 1.52” under Device info. That’s all that needs to be done. Simply create a new automation using the above blueprint and 1x paddle up/down, paddle hold up/down, and 1x config presses should work similar to the Red Series. Of note, 2x/3x/4x/5x paddle taps are not supported on the Black Series. Also, the Black Series On/Off switches reportedly do not and never will support scene control, only the dimmers for some reason.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or improvements!

1 Like

Curious on this, could you give a use case as to how you use this in real world? My worry between 1x paddle up/down doing something different than the intended dimmer light would be confusing… If 2x or 3x were allowed that would make sense…

1x up turns on kitchen light and 1x up hold turns up dimmer until you release makes sense but how else would you use this?

Or is that exactly it?

You could use those for things outside of the lights in the circuit.
Something like, 2x down would close the garage door, 2x up would initiate movie night mode, 3x up would lock your front door, and 4x up would put your house into the “armed-night” mode.