Inovelli Blue 2-1 Switch Binding to Hue Bulbs ZHA

Hi all, I have just installed a number of Inovelli Blue 2-1 Zigbee switches (Model ZVM-31) wired to 3-way mode with an Inovelli Aux switch that is controlling 3 lamps with 6 Hue bulbs. All are directly connected to HA via ZHA.

I have everything working great in 3-way Aux mode so lights locally turn on and off, but when I change to smart bulb mode I cannot get them to bind the hue bulbs directly to the switch. I have followed the directions from Inovelli many times, make sure smart bulb mode is on, go through the Cluster settings and turn on smart bulb mode that way too, and use the Manage Zigbee Device to bind the group I have created as “Kitchen Island” in ZHA.

I have attempted to put all 6 Hue bulbs into the Group and try to bind to the switch, and I have just tried to add the switch as part of the Group as well to no avail.

Does anyone know of any tips/tricks/incantations I can use to bind these directly?

Well I guess the easy answer is to move to Zigbee2MQTT, binding is a breeze once everything was set up. Now have to figure out why half of my Inovelli’s are “Not Supported”.

Going to my original problem, Hues work with the switch, remember their color settings, everything I would want. There is one small quirk, on the Aux switch ‘On’ is on, ‘Off’ does nothing, and ‘Config’ is off! What kind of shenanigans did I pull to make that happen?