Inovelli LZW31-SN + Automation LED Configuration Issue

Hey All,

I’ve been racking my brain on why a series of automations I have are not working to properly update the LED notification bar on my Inovelli LZW31-SN.

MY desired end state is for the notification bar to “breath” when our alarm is armed. When the bottom button is held on any inovelli switch, I disarm the alarm, ideally I would then show an orange solid notification bar, and then when the state of the arm goes to disarmed, I would show a green solid bar for 6 seconds and then go away.

I currently am using Brian Hanifin’s LED script located here :

My automation to set the red breathing is below and works:

---
alias: "YAML: Notify of Alarm Armed"
id: 'ef146c08-7c35-4fb4-9652-a1f056e9ff9e'
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.panel
action:
  - service: script.inovelli_led
    data:
      entity_id:
      - light.backporch_wall_light
      - light.frontporch_ceiling_light
      color: Red
      effect: Breath
      duration: Indefinitely

My Automation to capture the key hold on zwave and turn off the alarm, and that works is :

---
alias: "YAML: Inovelli Hold Down Disarm"
id: 'c520242e-26e8-4cb8-baff-572d3bb33832'
trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: zwave_js_value_notification
    event_data:
      property_key: "001"
      value: "KeyHeldDown"
action:
  - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm
    target:

My automation to show the green bar when the state changes on the alarm and works Except that LED bar on the switch that the button is held down on retains the green notification forever:

---
alias: "YAML: Notify of Alarm Disarmed"
id: 'ef146c08-7c35-4fb4-9652-a1f056e9ff8e'
trigger:
  - platform: state
    to: disarmed
action:
  - service: script.inovelli_led
    data:
      entity_id:
      - light.backporch_wall_light
      - light.frontporch_ceiling_light
      color: Green
      effect: Solid
      duration: 6 Seconds

This isn’t rocket science here, but I’m struggling. If I disarm the alarm via the UI, the correct behavior occurs and after 6 seconds the green bar goes away. Anyone have any ideas?

Try triggering on the key release instead of the key hold. I’ve noticed that effects sometimes do weird things (especially on older Inovelli firmware) when button states change. For example, they’ll sometimes get cleared if you turn the light on or off while the effect is running. You might be hitting an issue with the effect starting while the key release happens. Try holding the button until after the effect clears and see if the behavior changes. If it’s still not timing out after 6sec, that’s curious. If the effect times out correctly when you hold the button until it ends, then update to the latest firmware.

My script (shameless plug) works differently than Brian’s, as I recall. The last time I looked that was using the bulk parameter for effects, which changed a bit in the latest Z-Wave JS update. I don’t think that’s the problem, but it’s something to look into (since you’re not getting any other responses).

I do something similar with locks to prevent lights from turning off which are triggered by the config button, but I’m setting the LED color and leaving it, instead of using an effect with a timer. If you don’t figure this out, I’ll play around with it a bit this weekend and make my locks behave like your alarm notice. I’m curious to understand the behavior.