Input payload.entity_id into current-state node

Hey all.
I am trying to have a varible entity_id input into the current state node. but i can’t figure out how.
According to the info for the node it says that i need to input payload.entity_id to change to entity_id wich is looked up.
But what do i need to specify in the entity_id filed in the node?
when i just try to put something else it just return the state of the entity_id put inside the node, and ignores the injected value.
Hope anybody out there can help, i am pulling my hair out.

Because of this commit and I just noticed it a couple of days ago when I ran into the same problem. If the current-state node has an entity id defined in the config you can’t override it with inputs.

I think I going to remove this because it is the only value that I know of that can’t be overwritten with an input value.

ok, so it isnt me who is a fool.

But if i just make {} in the entity_id is in the service node when you input into that i just a error that it cant be empty.
So as of now it isnt possible.

did you managed to solve this? i having the same problem

As of version 0.11.0 you should be able to overwrite the config entity_id from msg.payload.entity_id

I still can’t overwrite entity_id, I tried also to have a variable into the field like {{payload}} but won’t work

[{"id":"56ca75a8.c195fc","type":"inject","z":"5eb3594f.d294b8","name":"","topic":"","payload":"{\"entity_id\": \"sun.sun\"}","payloadType":"json","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"x":802,"y":1216,"wires":[["e0ae50e1.114dc"]]},{"id":"e0ae50e1.114dc","type":"api-current-state","z":"5eb3594f.d294b8","name":"","version":1,"outputs":1,"halt_if":"","halt_if_type":"str","halt_if_compare":"is","override_topic":false,"entity_id":"","state_type":"str","state_location":"payload","override_payload":"msg","entity_location":"data","override_data":"msg","x":988,"y":1216,"wires":[["df4c6ad2.70dcb8"]]},{"id":"df4c6ad2.70dcb8","type":"debug","z":"5eb3594f.d294b8","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"false","x":1170,"y":1216,"wires":[]}]
3 Likes

Thanks. It’s working :hammer_and_pick: