Input source Bluetooth/AUX in SoundTouch

I would like to be able to switch to aux or bluetooth input on my Bose SoundTouch speaker. It’s possible using libsoundtouch which is used by the Home Assistant component and would make a rather small change.

I’m rather new to Home Assistant, but willing to try to add this feature myself. Haven’t really read up on the developer documentation yet though. Anything I really need to know before getting started with adding this to the component and creating a pull request?

Hi @erikbjork - I don’t know if you’re still interested in Home Assistant SoundTouch integration or not, but thought I would share this …

I have developed a new SoundTouchPlus Home Assistant custom component integration that hopefully breathes new life into Bose SoundTouch speaker support. I finally got tired of libsoundtouch not being supported, so decided to write an integration that can be distributed via HACS. Since it’s a new integration name (e.g. SoundTouchPlus ) it won’t interfere with the built-in SoundTouch integration setup. It’s a simple install to the “custom_components” directory via a HACS UI custom repository installer.

More info can be found in this thread.