Install Home Assistant, Mosquitto broker and Node-Red on android

There is samba for termux in unstable repo. https://github.com/termux/termux-packages/issues/4501
But it’s probably easier to install ssh server and then just use winscp if you use windows or something like that. https://wiki.termux.com/wiki/Remote_Access

Thank you very much ! I’m alredy using openssh so winscp is more apropriate.

Thank you for that.
I’ve replaced the Peterbuga repo with the one from AlexIT and each command completed without error.
After restarting Hass how do I add the new custom component to the dash board?
I can’t find anywhere mentioning custom components, they’re not listing in integrations or entities.
Should it auto detect? I which case I guess I did something wrong and will try again.

You probably neet to add sonoff to configuration file like this

sonoff:
  username: [email protected]
  password: mypassword

There is section about that on AlexIT github.

Yea I saw that but I can’t find where it has saved the files.
I’ve searched within file manager for anything sonoff or homeassistant and get no results for files or folders.
Getting confused.

I would like to use a BME280 sensor on an esp32 with EspHome and sending data with Ble to display it on Home assistant. How can I make it works ? I probably need to install a gateway like OpenMQTTGateway. I don’t know how to do that using termux and node red.
I know it is possible using mqtt and deep sleep but this will work on a battery system.
If someone can help me on this project ?

You can’t find configuration folder?

cd ~/.homeassistant
ls

If you want to use bluetooth on android and termux that won’t work. Mqtt is your best bet.

Within termux with cd & ls yes but using android file manager nothing.
I went back and used your example of the Peterbuga git and that all appeared to install with no warnings but still don’t understand how to get it to show on the dashboard?

All folders and file names starting with dot are hidden. You need to enable hidden files in your file manager.

Well I will stay on mqtt then
Thank you

Yes already have done.
Sorry this must be driving you daft!
I have the Lovelace dashboard showing and my tp link switch’s working fine, so it is all there and the configuration tester shows good.
Lets forget the AlexxIT addin for now, how do I get the Peterbuga integration into the dashboard?

I don’t have any sonoff with original fw. But i tried to add AlexIT custom component and it show itself in logs. So hass recognized it correctly. It seems that it doesn’t show itself in integrations only in devices. Also you need to restart hass after copy sonoff to custom_components folder.

When you say copy sonoff to custom components do you mean these steps
“pkg install git
mkdir sources
mkdir ~/.homeassistant/custom_components
cd sources
git clone https://github.com/peterbuga/HASS-sonoff-ewelink
cp -R HASS-sonoff-ewelink/sonoff ~/.homeassistant/custom_components/”
I’ve done that for the Peterbuga and AlexxIT gits and both have now completed with no errors. I have then restarted Hass.
Or are you saying there is another step after the above?

Don’t use both components. Choose just one. You need to edit configuration.yaml file in .homeassistant folder and add sonoff: line to it. On AlexIT github find what is needed to make it work. Read homeassistant documentation to get better understanding of HA. Also some basic knowledge of linux commands is must, deleting folders, files, moving in filesystem, editing files etc.

I think I must have an issue with the file manager.
I’ve tried a couple of different apps now but non are showing any of the folders I need to access to edit the files.
For instance screen grab of data folder

Don’t use android file manager. Edit file from termux. Use nano or vi. Google is your frend.

Thank you Vlad your help has been invaluable.
I’ve got everything setup and all of my devices are recognised and working correctly.
The AlexxIT component even recognises things that aren’t in his documentation.
Going to take some time to work out how to create some automations and scenes but right now, very happy bunny.
Cheers

Trying to do this on an Nvidia Shield. Think I’m SOL? Google play tells me termux-api is not compatible. I could force it, but … something about the tegra 2 cpu?

From termux wiki:
Please note that Termux does not support ARM devices without NEON SIMD, for example on devices based on Nvidia Tegra 2 CPUs.