Install Home Assistant, Mosquitto broker and Node-Red on android

Can I boot the postgresql like this?

What is poastmql?

Sorry , that’s postgresql

I really don’t know. Try termux-boot see what happens. And let us know. :slight_smile:

Anyone tried this on Shield TV?

1 Like

Also - is it possible to install hass.io with this method?

1 Like

No. Hass.io is only for Raspberry Pi and Intel NUC.

1 Like

Thinking about trying this with an LG G3 I have lying around. Do you think it will be better than using an RPi 3? I currently use the GPIO pins on the pi for garage door and sensors but was soon going to move those over to esp8266 devices anyways.

Hm, i don’t know. You can try. But i use this as a backup for my RPi. If something happened to RPi i can turn on my old phone switch ip with RPi and i’m back in business. Now if i need to run it 24/7 on android i would rather use android tv box. Ethernet, no battery etc.

The battery backup is something that I like about using an old phone. I will probably run it as a backup solution for the first few months to monitor its reliability.

Yes phone battery as ups is nice. You can even use termux-api to send sms if battery is below something. Cheap power failure notification software. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, would you have an updated guide. Sorry, I am new to this. I have Termux & Termux:API. But Node-Red gives errors… Please assist.

I can’t edit my first post. Try thIs:

pkg update
pkg install python python-dev coreutils nano ndk-stl clang mosquitto nodejs openssh termux-api make

npm i -g --unsafe-perm node-red

I’ve added make in pkg install. node-red is building something from source and that stopped it from installing.

1 Like

Hi @vladosam

Thank you very much for your guide. I just followed your guide to install HA on my Android 7.0. I’ve tried to install the Broadlink component but I could not make it work.

Can you take a look at the following question?

Thank you.

Try this:

pip install pyaes
pip show pycrypto
pip uninstall pycrypto
pip install --upgrade pycrypto

Hi,
Thank you for a very nice guide. Excellent idea to use an old android phone. Have followed yr guide and even been able to upgrade HA to 0.65.1.

Now trying to use the IKEA Tradfri components but it fails to install with error msg:

Blockquote
Unable to install package pytradfri[async]==4.1.0: Command “/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/bin/python -u -c “import setuptools, tokenize;file=‘/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/tmp/pip-build-rdba6avw/DTLSSocket/setup.py’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘open’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(‘\r\n’, ‘\n’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘exec’))” install --record /data/data/com.termux/files/usr/tmp/pip-w6ijtvvu-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --prefix --compile --user --prefix=” failed with error code 1 in /data/data/com.termux/files/usr/tmp/pip-build-rdba6avw/DTLSSocket/

Being new into HA this is far above my capability. Read in this thread:

that a recompilation of python might help. but before going down this path I give it a try here in the hope that someone could offer an alternative solution for this env.

Many thanks

I don’t use IKEA Tradfri but i did try to install pytradfri on my phone and it installed successfully.

pkg install autoconf

activate python virtual env if you using it

source ~/homeassistant/bin/activate

pip3 install --upgrade pytradfri[async]==4.1.0

Now it was pretty slow installation more then 30 minutes on Moto G4. So if it seems like it’s stuck just leave it.

1 Like

Success!
Thanks a lot! Now tradfri is up and running!
For my understanding, is it the autoconf package that made the trick?
In any case, thanks a lot for your excellent support!

Nice, I’m glad I could help.
I believe so. There is a note about autoconf in IKEA tradfri components page.

Hi, I’m having problems with mqtt. HA says: the following components could not setup:
mqtt

My configuration.yaml looks like this:

mosquitto

mqtt:
broker: 127.0.0.1
port: 1883
client_id: mqttha
keepalive: 60
username: !secret mqtt_username
password: !secret mqtt_password

Any help? Thanks in advance!