Install on Debian 12 - [error] Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid is not supported!

Hello

Can I ask for help installing the supervised Home Assistant I’m trying to install on a Debian 12 PC using Docker?

I followed several instructions and I stop at the same point in all of them. After running the code:

dpkg -i homeassistant-supervised.deb

I will stop at:

(Reading database ... 108736 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack homeassistant-supervised.deb ...
[warn]
[warn] If you want more control over your own system, run
[warn] Home Assistant as a VM or run Home Assistant Core
[warn] via a Docker container.
[warn]
[error] Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid is not supported!
dpkg: error processing archive homeassistant-supervised.deb (--install):
 new homeassistant-supervised package pre-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
[info] Undo divert on abort-install
No diversion 'diversion of /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf to /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf.real by homeassistant-supervised', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/default to /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/default.real by homeassistant-supervised', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /etc/docker/daemon.json to /etc/docker/daemon.json.real by homeassistant-supervised', none removed.
No diversion 'diversion of /etc/network/interfaces to /etc/network/interfaces.real by homeassistant-supervised', none removed.
[info] Resetting debconf selections
[info] Removal complete, due to the complexity of this installation method,
[info] you will need to manually remove the containers created by the supervisor
Errors were encountered while processing:
 homeassistant-supervised.deb

I’m trying to google it, but even trying to find the error, I can’t make any progress.

[error] Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid is not supported!

I don’t have a lot of experience with Linux OS, even less with docker, but I did a trial install on a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian without the slightest problem. The language barrier will also be a problem, because I don’t speak English very well and I’m trying to solve it with the help of translators.

Can anyone think of where I could be doing something wrong?

The error message is self-explanatory; Home Assistant is not supported on Debian 12.

Home Assistant is supported on the latest release version of Debian which is currently Debian 11.

At this point in time, there’s no release version of Debian 12.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your help. I’ll figure out how to get out of this

1 Like

copying commands from the web (trying to installa mariadb) updated my distribution… sigh!
Trying to downgrade…

How? Change /etc/osrelease to 11?

Given that bookworm was released 2 days ago, it should be supported very soon.

I upgraded docker and debian to bookworm yesterday and everything is working fine. I’m using container based installation.

Is there a way to enforce install? I just installed a fresh Debian, and running into this issue now. I want to check cause I didn’t want the test version of Debian. I see now it was officially released 6 days ago.

What happened to the days when software is tested and updated before releases so they are ready for release day? :confused:

I’m onsite for only a few days. Is my only solution is format using Debian 11? Seems that way.

1 Like

It doesn’t quite like it but I managed to get it working enough for me without breaking it, it would seem.

Why am I getting the same message now? Home Assistant seems to have supported Debian 12 for a long time.
I installed Debian 12, updated it, and am trying to install Home Assistant.

Same for me, still getting the error message.

it could be solved, just bypass this check

sudo BYPASS_OS_CHECK=true apt install ./homeassistant-supervised.deb  

Thank you! It tried to install, but an error occurred:
N: pkgAcquire::Run (13: Access denied)
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

The following helped:

apt-get install curl systemd-journal-remote systemd-resolved -y
systemctl restart systemd-resolved