Install on iPhone without Developer Account

Hey Guys,

is it possible to install the OpenSource App on Github on my iPhone without having an Developer Account?

I got this running in the Simulator and i also registered my iPhone in Xcode. But when i start the Building Process i get some Errors. It says that Xcode can’t sign the App. When i switch to Automatic Signing and choose my “Personal Team”-Profile, i get an Error that it can’t create a Profile for this App.

Can anybody help?

Same. Really hoping the official app is released soon :grin:

Same for me too. Also unless you have paid Dec account you cannot make use of notifications

And even though the app is open source I’d definitely be prepared to pay for the app in order to cover the cost of dev account and for the administration effort to get the app approved and onto the store etc
I think many would feel the same

3 Likes

Agree! I’ve been waiting for this app to get presence dectection up and running and to start using smart notifications for my door bell etc.

Looking forward to the next update Robbie! Thank you for all the hard work put in thus far!

The Telegram component is really nice for notifications

I’m not sure about the details, but there are also developer accounts that are free of charge.
I have one since many years. IIRC you can’t submit apps to the app store with that one, though.

Maybe this helps:

Sebastian

1 Like