Install supervisor page on raspbian without docker

Hi all,
is possible to do what in object?

Thanks

You can only have the Supervisor page with a Home Assistant or Home Assistant Supervised install.

Whet @Tediore said, and both of those come with docker (explicit or implied)

Supervised install will always use docker in the background as @Mutt said. Why do you not want to use docker?

Maybe he lost the lids to all of his containers

2 Likes

I don’t want to use docker because I need these packages to install it:

network-manager
apparmor

My configuration of the Rpi does not foresee them (especially network manager) and I would not want to damage the current configuration.

Why is docker so necessary?

Thanks

network-manager is optional, runs fine without.
apparmor is mandatory, so yes, that needs to be installed. What problem you have with apparmor ?

I’m just afraid that it can ruin but my cnfigurazione.

That’s all.

AppArmor (“Application Armor”) is a Linux kernel security module that allows the system administrator to restrict programs’ capabilities with per-program profiles. Profiles can allow capabilities like network access, raw socket access, and the permission to read, write, or execute files on matching paths.

It won’t do anything to your existing configuration.

1 Like

OK I trust you

What else are you running on this Pi? In general it’s not a good idea to mix HA with other applications but rather have a dedicated machine for the software that controls your home.

1 Like

On my raspberry there is:
dns server
dhcp server
pi hole

and other things that I would not like to say.

Maybe time to simplify your setup a little bit. My pihole acts as DNS and DHCP server, no need to have different servers for it.

Okay for the dhcp server (I hadn’t thought of that) but the dns server manages my local network.
This is my configuration:

Client -> pihole (Raspberry) -> bind (Raspberry) -> Internet

Thank you for your suggestion