Installation errors

Good morning all!

Newbie to Home Assistant here, moving over from OpenHab to try it out. However, I’m having trouble installing.

I’m running an RPi 3, but it’s already got Raspian installed and quite a lot set up in the background. I don’t really want to install a new image on the SD card as I’ll lose an afternoon getting all the background functions set up again.

I’m following these instructions: https://github.com/home-assistant/hassio-build/tree/master/install#install-hassio

Prerequisties installed, curl command completes with:

sudo curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/hassio-build/master/install/hassio_install | sudo bash -s -- -m armv7l
[INFO] Install supervisor docker
[INFO] Install generic HostControl
[INFO] Install startup scripts
[INFO] Init systemd
[INFO] Start services

And no errors.

However, there’s no real instruction on what to do next. Some threads indicate that I should use the command:

sudo hassio

But this just results in:

sudo: hassio: command not found

Looking through the installer script, it seems there’s a hassio-start command. Running this gets me:

sudo hassio-start
17-10-09 04:12:36 INFO (SyncWorker_5) [hassio.dock.interface] Pull image homeassistant/armv7l-homeassistant tag landingpage.
17-10-09 04:12:39 ERROR (SyncWorker_5) [hassio.dock.interface] Can't install homeassistant/armv7l-homeassistant:landingpage -> 404 Client Error: Not Found ("repository homeassistant/armv7l-homeassistant not found: does not exist or no pull access").
17-10-09 04:12:39 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Fails install landingpage, retry after 60sec 

So now I’m pretty baffled. Not really sure what to do next!

Any pointers?

Hass.io is designed to be installed on your entire SD card, so is not suitable for you situation.

I would suggest using the docker method of installing HA, because that will be the easiest to remove if you decide you don’t like it, but the All-in-one method is also suitable

All the methods are listed here

1 Like

Awesome - thanks very much! Now installed and working.

How on earth did I miss that page?!

2 Likes