Installation: No ethernet found

Hi folks!

Trying to install HA on a Raspberry Pi 3. I switched 2 raspberrys, 3 SD cards, 3 ethernet cables (incl one from a connected device) and 2 chargers. And I still have this issue.

It does not see the Ethernet.

I know there are a few posts talking about the same problem. And the fixes usually talked about changing the different components. Which I did.

Any suggestions?
Thank you so much!

Back up a bit. How are you installing Home Assistant?
Did you ever have RaspiOS running on this Pi? Did the Ethernet interface work then?

Hi, Steve. Yes. I had HA running and it worked. That was about 6 months ago.

Actually I am starting to blame the new version of HA. Maybe it stopped supporting Rpi 3B. Or at least started to create issues for it.

LE: Sorry. I missread. I never had RaspiOS. I did have HA without any issues.

Maybe I should try some version of RaspiOS to see if that would be an issue.

BRB

Nope. There’s probably hundreds of users here running HA on Pi3’s.

Thanks to a tip a FB HA group gave me, I unplugged the keyboard and it suddenly worked and I managed to install HA.

Weeeeeird!

Thank you for all the support, Steve!!

I’m having this same issue. It boots up and says “No ethernet found.” It then outputs lots of log stuff and then restarts after about 10 seconds. Repeatedly. I used Raspberry Pi Imager to install HA on an SD. The Pi was previously used with OctoPi and worked fine.

And just before I pushed the Reply button, I tried another USB-MicroUSB power cable and it worked!