Installation on an Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS laptop runs stable for two days

First I tried to install HA using the instructions given by HA and Conbee II. That was instable. It ran for some days than after a restart it was messed up. Dependency problems, connection to Conbee failed etc.

Then I saw a post: use a Docker container, otherwise it will not be stable.

So I carefully installed following:

That was a success for some days. Until now. My automations gone, my dashboards gone. The entire config gone.

To be frank, I am loosing my patience. The frust piles up. So what is messing up my installation on an Ubuntu workstation?

We have little information to help ? What have you done to mess up your installation in 2 days ?

if you copied

version: '3'
services:
  homeassistant:
    container_name: homeassistant
    image: "ghcr.io/home-assistant/home-assistant:stable"
    volumes:
      - /PATH_TO_YOUR_CONFIG:/config
      - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
    restart: unless-stopped
    privileged: true
    network_mode: host

I hope you replaced /PATH_TO_YOUR_CONFIG with a real existing directory

1 Like

I see your point, but it ignores that It did survive three reboots. Then it did not. I did not use docker compose. I ran …

docker run -d --name homeassistant --restart=unless-stopped -e TZ=Europe/Berlin -v ~/hass_config:/config:Z --network=host homeassistant/home-assistant:stable

as it is suggested. I assume that it uses the default ~/hass_config dir. That worked all right for two weeks and then all of a sudden it did not.

Did you run that command as a different user, so that ~/hass_config relates to a different user’s home folder?

I agree that it is ambiguous. I might as well defensively use the full path name to avoid problems. I cannot reproduce the issue anymore because my configurations are gone. I will have to setup all and create a backup at regular interval. Currently I have another problem that prevents.

First of all, thank you for taking the time. I’m better off dealing with frustration with it. I fixed another problem by running the Docker container in a privileged mode (Conbee II could not be found). By doing this I set the full path of the configuration as you suggested. That still leaves me confused that it did work for a fortnight without all that. I will be back here if the problem occurs again :wink:

For me this issue is solved. For all who experience the same problem with Conbee II:

1. To manage your zigbee devices in HA you need the integration Zigbee Home Automation
  2. You can only connect your Zigbee Home Automation when deConz runs on your machine because deConz forces you to release the connection and blocks the port at the same time
  3. From that moment, deConz and HA try to connect to the same port → Problem COLLISION and an INSTABLE SYSTEM
  4. SOLUTION: Stop deConz on you machine and manage your devices by Zigbee Home Automation

That is a confusing concept and I could not possible think that it was the only way to fix it. My system is stable for more than a month now.