Installation on Mac mini

Can you explain what you mean by Need to either boot from macOS before you image or make a bootable Ubuntu USB stick and set it that way. Couldn’t set it from CLI in HA OS.

How do i boot to macos if Ive got a new ssd with nothing installed on it? I connected it to my Imac with a sata to usb connector, flashed it with HA then installed the SSd back into my mac mini but it doesnt boot up.

I tried a bootable Ubuntu stick but when you say “Set it that way” Do you just mean install HA from within Ubuntu inside a docker container?

This was specifically about the auto boot after power failure setting. You can just boot from an Ubuntu or macOS image connected via usb to set this parameter

Boot up to recovery mode or however you can select the boot drive. Make sure the mini is seeing the drive. Sounds like it may not be. I’ve used the same method on multiple Minis and it has never failed to boot

Yeh the issue was I didnt realise there are 2 odds in the mini. I wiped the second one and now it all works…