Installed SSD Now Rpi integration takes forever to load

The rpi integration used to take about 10 seconds to load. Ever since I switched to an SSD it takes wayyy to long:

Is there anything I needed to reconfigure after moving to SSD? I’m on an rpi 4 8GB. I did a fresh install on SSD and did a backup/restore of HA. No idea why it’s suddenly so slow.

Is there anything specific in the logs?
Is that startup time the same for every restart?

Finally someone else has this, too, thank you! :slight_smile: Sorry, not good for you (us), but I started to get the feeling, it’s just me… :rofl:

As I’m not alone, let’s start and gather some information. :slight_smile: Could you please post some more info on your hard- and software? The page, where you took your screenshot, has a three-dot-menu in the upper right corner, please copy “as raw” and paste it in here (please use code formatting).

Mine looks like this:

System Health

version: core-2022.7.3
installation_type: Home Assistant OS
dev: false
hassio: true
docker: true
user: root
virtualenv: false
python_version: 3.10.5
os_name: Linux
os_version: 5.15.32-v8
arch: aarch64
timezone: Europe/Berlin
config_dir: /config

GitHub API: ok
GitHub Content: ok
GitHub Web: ok
GitHub API Calls Remaining: 4791
Installed Version: 1.26.0
Stage: running
Available Repositories: 1084
Downloaded Repositories: 34

can_reach_server: ok
remaining_requests: 30

host_os: Home Assistant OS 8.2
update_channel: stable
supervisor_version: supervisor-2022.07.0
agent_version: 1.2.1
docker_version: 20.10.14
disk_total: 109.3 GB
disk_used: 8.0 GB
healthy: true
supported: true
board: rpi4-64
supervisor_api: ok
version_api: ok
installed_addons: Custom deps deployment (1.3.1), Samba share (10.0.0), Mosquitto broker (6.1.2), Bookstack (1.2.0), ESPHome (2022.6.2), MariaDB (2.5.0), Grocy (0.18.2), Barcode Buddy for Grocy (dev-docker-based), Zigbee2MQTT (1.26.0-1), Home Assistant Google Drive Backup (0.108.2), Terminal & SSH (9.6.0), FTP (4.6.0)

dashboards: 4
resources: 25
views: 8
mode: yaml

oldest_recorder_run: July 11, 2022 at 5:04 PM
current_recorder_run: July 11, 2022 at 7:04 PM
estimated_db_size: 257.53 MiB
database_engine: mysql
database_version: 10.6.8

I have a startup time, that is nearly the same as yours, and it’s reproducable around that 200 + something seconds.

I wouldn’t want to pinpoint it on the SSD, as I’m using my hardware setup for quite a time, never had this problem before the last update to version 2022.7.0 (and remaining since).

The mysterious thing is, there is no documentation about it. If you click on the link on the system health screen you’re getting to a non existant page. That is not normal for HA, the documentation maybe not the best, but normally it is at least there… :smiley: That’s why I’m thinking it must be something introduced by the latest version (2022.7.x).

Turning on debug during startup shows only one additional line, that says waiting for startup for [hassio] and [hardware].

I’ll have a look later today and will do some restarts with debug enabled, maybe I’ve just overlooked something in the log. :slight_smile: